Asked on Apr 10, 2017

How to dress up a kitchen window without hanging a valance or curtains

LindaJennifer | CrazyDiyMomBrenda Requarth
+7

The window is situated with cupboards on either side of window. I reason I do not want to hang any curtains is that I want total light through the window.
  • I just have a beaded valence above mine. (I had to use a tension rod because there was no where to put hardware on the walls). The window looked unfinished without something there. This is not mine and it doesn't have to be as long and you could do it yourself:
    Janet Pizaro

I just use assorted stain glass pieces.(butterflies,birds etc)
  • Inetia
    Inetia

You could make a sheer white valance with extra long tails and hang it high and wide so it surrounds the window rather than covering it.
  • D fuhrman
    D fuhrman

how about a plexi glass shelf and you could put some plants on it? i do however love the beaded look suggested by elizabeth.
  • Brenda Requarth
    Brenda Requarth

You can 'glue' a pretty piece of lace using cornstarch and water mixture. You can just just peal it off and wipe the window off when you want to change it.
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom
    Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I dressed mine up by hanging some small colorful planters from the ceiling in the corners by the cupboards. I also hung up a long suncatcher to catch the sunlight.
  • Linda
    Linda

As was suggested, you could make a clear glass/plexi-glass shelf/shelves and put plants on the shelves....I would add mirrors to the sides of the cupboards surrounding the window....they would reflect the light....AND the beautiful greenery....Have fun!