Grow a Garden Hose Wreath With Blooming Wellies

I have garden fever and was looking for a spring wreath to kick off gardening season. After seeing all the garden hose wreaths on Pinterest, I decided to add a twist and incorporate a pair of wellies, making it easy to add some garden blooms!
Since my wreath was going to hang on my Potting Shed door, I wanted to use real flowers on my wreath. Adding a pair of wellies or rainboots as vases makes it easy to add some seasonal blooms!
I found a lightweight 25 foot garden hose at Walmart, an ideal size and price for making a wreath at $5.97. You can recycle an old hose, cutting it to the size you need to make your wreath.
Coil your garden hose to the size that you would want your wreath to be, using cable ties to secure the hose. I used green garden twine to cover the cable ties, and tie on garden tools and a pair of gloves to decorate my wreath.
Some wellies/rainboots have a handy tab on the back, making it easy to run a cord or ribbon through to hang them. My pair did not, so I added grommets using a grommet kit. You can find grommet kits online for around $8. The wellies are tied together on a piece of sturdy jute ribbon that hangs from the wreath hanger on the door. I dropped in a plastic cup in each boot to hold water for the flowers.
Our azaleas are blooming now, making an instant and easy bouquet of pink blooms for the wreath. I used a MacKenzie-Childs Morning Glory gardening tool set purchased this spring to decorate my wreath, too pretty to dig in the dirt with but ideal for Tabletop Gardening with Bunnies and Spring Bulbs!
 Gardener’s Recipe:
One Part Soil
Two Parts Water
Three Parts Wishful Thinking

I need to amend my recipe to four parts wishful thinking with my growing list of shrubs, flowers and trees to plant. ;)

Gardener’s Recipe sign / Primitives by Kathy
This is a fun and easy wreath to make to hang on a fence, shed door or decorate your front door for spring! Put your personal stamp on it, using a watering can, tools, seed packets, bird's nest, or whatever says 'garden' or 'spring' to you.
More photos, details and sources at the link below, Happy Gardening!

Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• BEV

I'm looking all over and can't find metal silver watering cans. Any suggestions? Thanks. blush4520@aol.com
  • Dahliaqueen

Looks like a very heavy wreath...what do you think it weighs??