Vintage Dishes to Birdfeeder

$17

All you need are a few thrift store items to create a bird feeder, and it's easy and inexpensive to make. Guess what? If you put this near your garden, it'll keep the birds out of it!

You'll need:

2 Hanging flower basket or atleast the chains from them
Silicone
mini grate
Plate and cup dish set

First remove the chain from the flower baskets and attach them to the grate like this...
Silicone or E6000 your cup to your dish. Let dry completely.
Place your dish onto your grate, make sure the lips of the dish slide under the grate. If your dish seems loose you might want to glue it to the grate. mine was very snug and has with held windstorms for over a year now.
Take your free chain that was left and attach it around the cups handle.
Hand it outside on a garden hook.
You could use birdseed or water, your choice.
If you use birdseed, place it close to your garden, and keep it filled - you will have a better chance of keeping the birds out of your garden because you are providing them fresh food.
I made this and more things for your garden Live on Hometalk's Facebook page, click here to check it out!
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Nancy Wilson

I have purchased an antique amber luncheon set and I want to create some things with them. I noticed that you use silicone to attach the cup to the plate. Do you recommend this for all glass projects? I purchased E6000 recently and wondered if that would work too. Also, how do you apply the silicone (to both edges, one edge, with a brush or stick)?

• Honey

I have used both ~ I find the clear outdoor silicone works best ~

years ago when I started I used the E-6000 ~ it worked great for indoor and outdoors ~ then either it wayyy too hot for E-6000 or they changed something in the formula ~ but my outdoor pieces fell apart ~ finding clear outdoor silicone nothing falls apart unless my husband knocks them over ~

in using E-6000 ~ be careful of the fumes ~ make sure if you are inside to be in a well ventilated area ~ have fun

• Virginia

I live in AZ. In the projects I've tried in the past Silicon really doesn't stand up for long in our heat. Do you have any other suggestions? I have plans this year to make a planter out of a washer or dryer drum and I'm going to be making a garden tower out of old glass which I've been collecting for the past few years.