Mid Century Hutch

$780
1 Week
Advanced

We bought this from a barn sale that raises money for an orphanage in Haiti. When we bought it, I really couldn’t picture what to do with it. It sat in my storage unit for months and months and months. I asked John to prep a mid century hutch for the store and he thought I meant this one. I didn’t. When I came out to look at it, I said, that’s not the one I wanted! I can’t picture the design for that one
mid century hutch
I had recently redone a buffet with similar lines, and I thought this piece could look great in the same finish.

mid century hutch
We painted the box with Benjamin Moore’s color Urban Bronze, glazed it and finished with a semi-gloss clear coat.
mid century hutch
For the drawers, we lightly sanded then stained them a light gray. I love the stripe on the drawers to make it look even more retro! Then we added new hardware.
mid century hutch
If you want to see how we paint furniture, check out our How to Paint Furniture post.
mid century hutch
Such an amazing transformation, right?
This hutch is available to purchase; you can check out other new furniture for sale on our website here! If you’d like to purchase it, please use our Contact Us form or stop by our store at 272 River Street, Troy, NY. I’ve also added quite a few other new pieces to the store!

To see more: http://funcycled.com/projects/mid-century-modern-painted-hutch-tuesdays-treasures/

• Beatriz Orvis

What areas were glazed and what glaze did you use?

• Lor6184202

This hutch looks amazing! Even though it's not my taste, love the outcome. PLEASE I can't touch the area's that you set up to go to your site or see any if the info, could you tell me where to go & see your other pieces & how you paint the hutches?? PLEASE ❣️

• Lor6184202

Love this hutch!! PLEASE could I get your website address?? All you put in to touch & see different info does not work for me & I'd love to see more if your work??

• Joan

OMG I LOVE the drawers with the stripes AND the fabulous handles. What a talent you are!!!

• Tcooper9

Spectacular! One of my faves!