Dollar Store Farmhouse Decor

$4

Ok, guys… so let me start off by saying that ever single bone in my body is aching. It was a long week, but we are all moved in to our new home and now the real fun begins. I may be tripping over boxes and clutter but I do LOVE to unpack! My DIYs have been on hold on account of the fact that I cannot yet get into my new craft room due to all the boxes, but I am going to set aside some time this week to get it done and all set up.
We had a bit of a delay in unpacking due to the fact that I had to paint every square inch of my house. The previous home owners chose some awful (and very dark) colors. Four coats of paint later and my daughter’s room is now a light pink rather than an eye piercing dark turquoise.

Anyway… I did find a little time to head out to the dollar store and I made my first piece of farmhouse style decor for my kitchen. It was super easy, too!
I found these topiary balls at the dollar store and as well as this set of three metal pails. Perfect for a farmhouse style kitchen! 
I thought that the topiary balls would just sit nicely in the pails… I was a little off on the sizing. 
They looked a little ridiculous. Since the pails were wrapped in plastic, I couldn’t check in the store. Rather than feel defeated, I found something better to do with them. My arms were still aching from all the painting I had just done, but I gathered up what little strength I had left and I pushed the topiary ball down into the pail. This sounds easy enough, but these little artificial gems are tougher than they look.
There! That looks much better! I set my new pails and greenery up on my kitchen shelf, but to my dismay, when I woke up the next morning, the topiary balls were on the ground… “What the…?” Apparently they had expanded back out and popped right out over night. Nothing a little bit of hot glue couldn’t fix, though. So I add some glue around the inside of the pail and then shoved the topiary balls in.
I now have them secured and looking great in my kitchen.
What do you think? Do you think Joanna Gaines would be proud?? 
Here is a quick little video I made, too! Check it out and if you like this project, be sure and share this post with your friends!

Holly Grace

• Angel

Which Dollar Store?
    • B. Enne

@Rita Hendricks Hi, Dollarama in Canada has regular stock. Although in some small towns they sometimes have a few "extras" it isn't a surplus store. :)

• Kimberly Clay Ake

Which dollar store? ty
    • CarolAnn

Dollar Tree is a large chain of stores, probably all over the US. They have a large assortment of many cool items with which to be creative. If you don't have one near you, they have an on line store as well. You can order items and either have them delivered, or sent to your closest store for pick up.
  • Ashley

Does anyone know the websites to order these? I tried the one that was posted but had no luck! Thanks