Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Save Your Garden Sprays

$1

Here are a few different options to save your garden this summer... keep bugs, squirrels, birds - off, and an easy way to kill weeds! The best part - it's super inexpensive! You can find more on my blog Chas' Crazy Creations

save your garden sprays
For the different sprays you'll need:

Water, some Dish soap (Amazon),  Red Hot or Tabasco (Amazon), Squirt Bottle (I will be using a 32oz bottle/1 qt./4 cups) (Amazon) and vinegar.
save your garden sprays
First up: Bug spray!

Put 4 cups of water in a squirt bottle.

(Since my bottle was 4 cups in size, I reduced the water just slightly to give the next step room.)
save your garden sprays
Add 1 tsp of dish soap.

Put the lid on and use this to spray on bugs on your plants. Don't forget the underside of the leaves too. You'll need to make sure it lands on the bugs and be careful as it will kill the good bugs too. The soap dissolves the bug's outer shell.
save your garden sprays
Next Spray: A Red Pepper Spray

Just like the above put 4 cups in a squirt bottle, 1 tsp. dish soap, and add 1 Tbsp. Red Hot.

(Since my bottle was 4 cups in size, I reduced the water just slightly to leave room for the Red Hot.)
save your garden sprays
Mix, and spray on your plants. This is meant to keep the Deer, Squirrels, Mice, Birds, etc off your plants. Wear gloves to protect yourself from the red pepper when using this one. Test the plant in a small space first to make sure the plant can handle it, wait 4 days to see. Spray once per week, and if it rains you'll need to re-apply.
save your garden sprays
Weed Killer!

Pour boiling water onto weeds and it will kill them. No harmful chemicals going into your garden.
save your garden sprays
Weed Killer - opt 2

Spray vinegar onto your weeds, the acidity eats at the weed and kills it. *It will kill grass too, so this one is a great use for weeds in mulch, rocks, etc.
save your garden sprays
I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
I made this and more things for your garden Live on Hometalk's Facebook page, click here to check it out!

Chas' Crazy Creations