Save Your Garden Sprays

$1

Here are a few different options to save your garden this summer... keep bugs, squirrels, birds - off, and an easy way to kill weeds! The best part - it's super inexpensive! You can find more on my blog Chas' Crazy Creations

For the different sprays you'll need:

Water, some Dish soap (Amazon),  Red Hot or Tabasco (Amazon), Squirt Bottle (I will be using a 32oz bottle/1 qt./4 cups) (Amazon) and vinegar.
First up: Bug spray!

Put 4 cups of water in a squirt bottle.

(Since my bottle was 4 cups in size, I reduced the water just slightly to give the next step room.)
Add 1 tsp of dish soap.

Put the lid on and use this to spray on bugs on your plants. Don't forget the underside of the leaves too. You'll need to make sure it lands on the bugs and be careful as it will kill the good bugs too. The soap dissolves the bug's outer shell.
Next Spray: A Red Pepper Spray

Just like the above put 4 cups in a squirt bottle, 1 tsp. dish soap, and add 1 Tbsp. Red Hot.

(Since my bottle was 4 cups in size, I reduced the water just slightly to leave room for the Red Hot.)
Mix, and spray on your plants. This is meant to keep the Deer, Squirrels, Mice, Birds, etc off your plants. Wear gloves to protect yourself from the red pepper when using this one. Test the plant in a small space first to make sure the plant can handle it, wait 4 days to see. Spray once per week, and if it rains you'll need to re-apply.
Weed Killer!

Pour boiling water onto weeds and it will kill them. No harmful chemicals going into your garden.
Weed Killer - opt 2

Spray vinegar onto your weeds, the acidity eats at the weed and kills it. *It will kill grass too, so this one is a great use for weeds in mulch, rocks, etc.
I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
I made this and more things for your garden Live on Hometalk's Facebook page, click here to check it out!

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Dani

How can I get rid of poison sumac along my fence line and rhubarb plants.. I wear thick gloves and pull it out when very small but it just keeps getting worse. Any suggestions on how to get it out would be appreciated .. thanks for sharing your great ideas ..

• Dani

Thanks for the information .. I will have to check it out in further details. . Have a great night. .

• Denyse

How to keep bugs from eating my vegetables that I plant

• Chas' Crazy Creations

If you can figure out what kind of bug is doing the damage that will help. Keep spraying the plant and vegetables with the dish soap mixture - it washes off when being watered or in rain and needs to be re-applied. Keep an eye out for other culprits too - things like disease can attack your vegetables as well leaving them with holes in them.

• Atanacia Lara

what is the best spray for the dogs not make the bathroom in the grass near to the window

thaks

• Celine

Spray for your dog ,I used skin so soft . Spray and on the dog cover the eyes and they will loved not having bugs in their eyes and keeps off ticks.

• Sonia R

I’m going to try the spray on weeds in driveway, I like idea of not using harmful chemicals like Roundup that my husband prefers. Thanks for the tips! I’m going to check out YouTube/blog too.

• Christina Dewald Metzger

Food Grade Diatomacous Earth is a great way to kill any kind of bugs as well as providing nutrients for your plants. It kills by drying their exoskeletal system. You can put it in a Hudson sprayer with water because it doesnt dissolve, when the water evaporates your left with a thin layer of DE that doesnt harm your plants. Works great for animals as well for fleas and ticks and also is great for bed bugs I heard! It's also great if you injestst 2 tablespoons a day as it scrubs your digestive track and can also turn into Silica our bodies need. Also its 100% safe for animals to injest as they dont have exoskeletal bodies so they reap the same benefits as humans.