Must-Read Tip: How to Organize Product Manuals and Warranties

It's the new year - time to organize! I'd like to share a QUICK organizing tip that’ll take 10 minutes of your time but will SAVE hours, headaches, and clutter down the road.
Instruction manuals, directions, and warranty sheets take up a bulk of my paper pile. What’s worse is that moment when something breaks or malfunctions and I need to search through a pile of old papers just to find information.
Once I figured out this organizing trick, I saved lots of time and aggravation by having every single manual at my fingertips in seconds.
Start with an expandable file folder. This one cost $3 at Family Dollar.
Label each section for a category. I love my label maker because it’s easy to use and the labels look professional, but handwriting the labels works just as well.
Adapt your categories as needed – for example, you could organize the manuals by the room where the item resides such as kitchen, living room, etc. Or be more specific, for example: Appliances, ComputersElectronics, Furniture, etc.
Then, simply add the labels to the file folder and now all your loose instruction manuals and warranty information has a nice new home!

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Carrie MakingLemonade

• Sharon Fullen

I found a faster and easier solution - Evernote. This cloud service (free or paid version) allows you to either scan the manuals and upload or locate a copy on the web (very easy) and save to Evernote. I can access the information from my Mac, my PC, my iPhone and my iPad. I got rid of 2 huge file drawers of manuals and warranties!

• Jolene Bullock

I keep a binder (or it could be a folder) in every room with the manuals to the things that are in that room. If I move something to another room, the manual goes to the binder in the that room. This way, when I'm in the a room and need to look up how to program the thermostat, for the umpteenth time, the manual is right there. If I need a copy in more than one place, I scan and print, or download and print, the manual from online.