Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Tutorial Team
  • Elizabeth City, NC

What Can You Make Out of Wire Spools...This and That!

$0
1 Week

I have many different sized spools and this is some of the things I make with them  !
what can you make out of wire spools this and that
The first are Stools!  
Some of the types I have made. I have also screwed in a round board at the bottom, covered the whole spool with padding, fabric and then added bun feet but I haven't made one this year yet . Hope to soon though!
This is what it looks like before, dirty. Clean it first.
Now add color and any design you want. I have done a lot of hand painting I'll show you one later in this post.  
I did a fluffy, furry and super soft round seat in a brownish and white animal faux fur ! You can use a vinyl/waterproof type of material for the seating use outside.
This type is for inside the house, maybe at your vanity, by the fireplace or just extra seating! Cut a 12- 14 inches circle out of 3/4 inch plywood. Trace the wood on 2 inch thick padding then cut it out and spray glue the padding onto the wood. Add batting and fabric to fit completely around to the bottom several inches in. Staple all that down.
I forgot to take a picture of where I screwed in the seat. The top of the spools have hole already there, I just use those.  
Super sturdy and soft on the tush
Next project...
The second things are plant stands!
The third are side tables!
I hand painted this one and many others.
You can also decoupage, add rope.. the possibilities are almost endless when decorating the spools!  
Super easy!
Start with the dirty spool, clean it, add any color paint/design then fit it with a terra cotta saucer on the top. I have also used wood, glass and metal for tops!
To make a tall stand just add another spool, don't forget to screw it together . The small ones are also perfect for a table beside your lounge chair while the tall ones work great beside a chair, bench or couch! These are inside or outside stands, just make sure the paint is too!
The fourth thing...I make the big ones into birdbath/feeders!
I don't have one to show right now though I haven't made one this year yet.
Next...
Number five...Candle Holders!
Again super easy, these are about 4 inches tall by 6 inches wide. Perfect for a candle holder. Paint any color you want. I added the grip liner to the bottom so it won't slide on the table and to the top so whatever is on top won't slide off either .
Okay almost finished...
And six is a...Serving Pedestal!
Just like the candle holder except with a bigger plate or tray. I use two of these on the table to hold a platter of turkey or ham on the holidays. Works great for any celebration!  

It's hard to say how much the above projects cost because some things were leftover from other projects, given to me or bought at thrift store. I usually work with what I have on hand! I do love to UPCYCLE stuff!
Well now I'm finished and thanks so much for looking at some of my creations!
 out people!

• Different sized spools  (I have a friend)
  • Spray paint, paint  (on hand)
  • Any embellishment  (on hand)

• Fre17396392

Where can you find the spools?
    • Jennifer

You could try a hardware store ( Ace and/or Husky) or big box store (Lowes or Home Depot) even a boat supply store. Places that sell rope, chain and/or wire would have them. An electrical supply company of some sort, construction sites are good too. Just ask , they usually toss them into the trash! You could get small, med., lg., super large,plastic and/or wood. I get most of mine from electric supply (plastic) and construction sites (wood). I don't think you can buy them but you never know because you can now buy wood pallets wholesale when just a few years ago you couldn't find new ones only used ones.

I hope this helps in your search!
      Good luck!

• 29207681

I've seen some of these and now I know what to do with them! Thanks!

• 29207681

Now I will but some and make my husband crazy!