DIY Dollar Store Floral Chandelier

$9

I have seen this on Pinterest and swoon over it every single time so I decided to find a cheap way to make it. I had everything but the fake flowers so I only had to spend $9! I would head to your Dollar Store ASAP since they only have fake florals for a limited time (at least in my area)  . Can't wait to see how you guys customize this to your space!
Gather your materials: spray paint is totally optional but since you can see the wreath base I wanted to spruce it up with some gold! You'll need fishing line, scissors, fake flowers and hot glue. This is the glue gun that I use and I cannot rave enough about it!
Again spray painting the wreath base is totally optional! I didn't like the green so I spray painted it gold
How I decided to hang it: I glued four dots to make a "X" with fishing line. So I would glue to add some extra security then...
I tied the fishing line piece to it. If you have another (hopefully easier) way to make a hanger for this guy - be sure to comment below to help fellow crafters out! This is out I did mine though.
It worked out fabulously plus I really loved that you "couldn't see it" since it was fishing line.
Pick off your florals from its' stem - the reason I say pick is because most the time these flowers you can simply pull off versus cutting them
Once you pulled them all off, tie a piece of fishing line to each one. I personally made them longer rather than shorter since I was unsure about the length.
Starting at the most inner circle of the wreath base - begin to tie on your florals. These florals will also be your longest pieces since you want to taper it up to create a "chandelier" feel.
Continue to add your layers while making them shorter as you head up the "chandelier" and move to a new outer circle every time you change florals to create not only layers but depth! You don't need to do this if your wreath base or circle base doesn't have multiple circles on it.
For me personally - I loved seeing the OG Pinterest post of this that had large lavender chunks at the top so I replicated that on the outer most circle for my top layer.
You can always add more later! Plus why not add more since these are so dang cheap  .
I hope you guys enjoyed my take on the DIY flower chandelier - this DIY is perfect for any occasion, room, party, event, patio, kid's room etc. I can't get enough of it!
There are two more ideas for you in this full tutorial from my YouTube channel that I post new DIY's on every Wednesday. Don't forget to tune into my next Hometalk live this coming Monday 4/17/17 at 2 PM PST! I'm going to be teaching you all these guys LIVE! So excited. Feel free to reach out and say hello!

Contact rachellivingtodiy@gmail.com

Wreath base or even a wire hanger formed into a circle

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors

• Create With Cynthia
    Create With Cynthia

That's so cute! Cynthia at Create With Cynthia

• Maria
    Maria

Rachel

This is so cute.

Would look nice hanging in my office.

Also may i ask what is the paint color of your wall. That's really nice.