DIY Dollar Store Floral Chandelier

90K Views
I have seen this on Pinterest and swoon over it every single time so I decided to find a cheap way to make it. I had everything but the fake flowers so I only had to spend $9! I would head to your Dollar Store ASAP since they only have fake florals for a limited time (at least in my area)  . Can't wait to see how you guys customize this to your space!
Time: 45 MinutesCost: $9Difficulty: Easy
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
Gather your materials: spray paint is totally optional but since you can see the wreath base I wanted to spruce it up with some gold! You'll need fishing line, scissors, fake flowers and hot glue. This is the glue gun that I use and I cannot rave enough about it!
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
Again spray painting the wreath base is totally optional! I didn't like the green so I spray painted it gold
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
How I decided to hang it: I glued four dots to make a "X" with fishing line. So I would glue to add some extra security then...
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
I tied the fishing line piece to it. If you have another (hopefully easier) way to make a hanger for this guy - be sure to comment below to help fellow crafters out! This is out I did mine though.
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
It worked out fabulously plus I really loved that you "couldn't see it" since it was fishing line.
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
Pick off your florals from its' stem - the reason I say pick is because most the time these flowers you can simply pull off versus cutting them
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
Once you pulled them all off, tie a piece of fishing line to each one. I personally made them longer rather than shorter since I was unsure about the length.
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
Starting at the most inner circle of the wreath base - begin to tie on your florals. These florals will also be your longest pieces since you want to taper it up to create a "chandelier" feel.
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
Continue to add your layers while making them shorter as you head up the "chandelier" and move to a new outer circle every time you change florals to create not only layers but depth! You don't need to do this if your wreath base or circle base doesn't have multiple circles on it.
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
For me personally - I loved seeing the OG Pinterest post of this that had large lavender chunks at the top so I replicated that on the outer most circle for my top layer.
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
You can always add more later! Plus why not add more since these are so dang cheap  .
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
I hope you guys enjoyed my take on the DIY flower chandelier - this DIY is perfect for any occasion, room, party, event, patio, kid's room etc. I can't get enough of it!
  • diy dollar store floral chandelier
There are two more ideas for you in this full tutorial from my YouTube channel that I post new DIY's on every Wednesday. Don't forget to tune into my next Hometalk live this coming Monday 4/17/17 at 2 PM PST! I'm going to be teaching you all these guys LIVE! So excited. Feel free to reach out and say hello!

Contact rachellivingtodiy@gmail.com

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 10, 2018 11:04 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Rachel Metz