An Amazing Way to Remove Scuff Marks From Dinnerware!

Over time and with heavy use, ceramic plates, dishes, bowls, and other dishes get those little dark scuff marks on them which make them not so pretty. My mom gave me a set of Correlle plates and bowls when I left for college. After a few years, they weren't pristine anymore. Thankfully I found a super easy, quick, and cheap way to get them back!
an amazing way to remove scuff marks from dinnerware
I'm talking about those little marks you can see there in the middle of the plate which kinda look like veins . Mine weren't terrible, though some people have much darker ones. This will work for light and darker marks!
The first thing you need to do is get your plate wet.
Next, sprinkle just a little of Bar Keepers Friend onto the plate. Then let it sit for 3-5 minutes.
Take a soft paper towel and gently scrub the Bar Keepers Friend into the plate, until all the scruff marks are gone!
Then rinse and be amazed at the results!
I went on to use this for our Corelle bowls too! It's so quick and easy you guys! I am a huge fan of this product!

For more tried and tested cleaning tutorials and tips, be sure to visit my blog, and head to my shop to pick up a copy of my cleaning ebook Speed Clean the Deep Clean: A Collection of Time-Saving Cleaning Tutorials and Tips for Busy Moms.

• Bar Keepers Friend  (Walmart)
  • Water
  • Paper Towel
Katelyn Fagan

• Ron Gonshorowski

I use Pyrex measuring cups in my microwave and they have turned white, so maybe this will work.

• Liza

I have hard water and it shows up in my clear glass measuring cup. After no success trying CLR (Calcium, Lime, Rust remover), and my mom's recommendation to rinse it out with white vinegar, I decided to go ahead and clean my microwave with the vinegar left in the cup. I added about an equal amount of water (for a total of ~ 2" liquid in an Ikea 3 cup measuring cup), nuked it for 2 minutes, and wiped out the microwave. Went to rinse out the measuring cup and discovered it was now crystal clear. So, I recommend a 1:1 ratio of water to white vinegar, no need to fill up the container you are cleaning, and a couple of minutes on high in the microwave. The goal is to create some steam, not to boil the liquid dry. You'll clean up the mineral deposits on your measuring cup and the tomato soup deposits in the microwave.

• Arnavaz

Where can I get this bar.. product

• Lisa Peterson

Most larger grocery stores have it with cleaning supplies, near comet and soft scrub

• Lena Owens

Does this work on darker dishes too? We have a set of black octagon shaped dishes that I love but they are getting very scratched up.

• Everything Pretty

I used a magic eraser on my Correll dishes and ruined them. The top layer came off, so they would grab every bit of dirt in the dishwasher and come out dirtier than when they went in. I had to recycle them.

• Vicky Kramer

Bar Keepers Friend is amazing. I use it all the time, especially on my stainless steel cookware. It get tea and coffee stains out of your cups. I love to clean with it.