Adding Farmhouse Decor to Your Home

I do not live in a farmhouse. However, I love elements that make a farmhouse home. Farmhouse style is so popular and you don't need a farmhouse to enjoy some farmhouse decor.
You can create a Farmhouse vignette with items that I consider farmhouse style that you might already have in your home.
Step 1: I started with an enamel tray. You will often see enamel pieces in farmhouse style.  If you don't have an enamel tray, try using a wooden one or a painted tray
Step 2: Add some old books to give height. I left mine as is, but you could also cover them in plain white paper or burlap. No old books, cover any books you already have.
Step 3: Ironstone is a farmhouse staple. Your vignette could consist of various pieces and sizes of ironstone. Add some flowers and you would have a lovely display.
Check my post for my Easter collection of ironstone and some pearls.
Step 4: I added some curly wooden sticks to my ironstone vase instead of flowers. I liked the texture of them, but fresh flowers would be nice also.

The cotton ball is from a tree here in Florida. Not farmhouse but it has nice texture.
Step 5: Next is a mason jar. This one was my grand mother's. Mason jars are also part of farmhouse style. I have lots and use them for so many things. If you don't have any old mason jars, you can find them at flea markets and can even purchase new ones at your local craft stores. 
Step 6: Lastly, I added a creamer that was also my grand mother's. I added these game pieces from a game that I never heard of. I bought it at a garage sale for $1. The pieces all have numbers on them.
Check my post for other items you can use instead of creamers and game pieces.
Step 7: Completed Farmhouse Vignette with items around the house. You can check my post for more ideas.

Eclectic Red Barn

1 comment