Tara Marie
Tara Marie
  • Cottage Grove, WI

Favorite Pallet Projects

1 Material
$0-15
1-2 Hour

I love using pallets for projects. They are free and readily available. It seems like a huge waste not to use and upcycle them somehow. And my dad rips them down for me and sometimes he even sands them for me! So how could I not find great uses for these? I have used them in various areas in my home and today I am going to share my favorite pallet projects around my home.
1. Pallet blanket ladder

Blanket ladders have been popular recently. This was a really quick and easy project that was free because I had everything (pallet wood, scrap wood, wood glue, air nailer and nails) on hand already. It literally took me about 20 minutes.
favorite pallet projects
favorite pallet projects
2.  Pallet frame
I used pallet wood to make a few large frames around some DIY art in my daughter's room and my DIY chalkboard.
These frames were made with pallet wood that was able to be removed as whole pieces that were not cut down so they were longer.  I didn't even try to miter the edges.  This look might bother some people but I am just fine with it.
Again, this project was done without spending any money in about 30 minutes.
favorite pallet projects
favorite pallet projects
3.  Pallet sign/hooks
I recently used a pallet to enhance a simple hook rack.  I loved the hooks but thought it needed something to make it more substantial.  So I dug through my pallet wood pile and found the perfect piece of wood in which to mount the hook rack.
This cost about $10, the cost of the hook rack. It took less than 5 minutes.

favorite pallet projects
4.  Pallet headboard
When we got my son a new queen sized bed, we just got a frame, box spring and mattress.  I got creative and used some wood and pallets that I had on hand and made him a unique and rustic headboard.  For free.  And he helped! It took us about 1 1/2 hours.
favorite pallet projects
5.  Pallet wall
This may very well be my favorite pallet project of all time!  It was a bit tricky to find and use pallets that were the same width so the rows were fairly straight.  But overall, it was a pretty quick project with a huge impact.  These were free and they already had a weathered look to them.  Win win! This took us about 1 1/2 hours.
favorite pallet projects
That completes the list of my top 5 favorite pallet projects around my home.  What is your favorite way to upcycle pallet wood?
favorite pallet projects

• Pallet wood

Tara Marie

• Par15590335

What have you found to be the best way to take the pallets apart?
    • Tara Marie

good question! I think it is a huge pain to take them apart. It depends how big of wood pieces you need. I have seen my dad pry the wood off the pallets, use a circular saw or jig saw to cut the wood off and I have even seen him use a saw to cut through the nails.
  • Marie Lubin

where do I get that type of wood