Using Lace as a stencil

+2
I take a piece of lace or lace curtain and lay it over the object with it's base coat and spray over the lace and then lift to reveal a gorgeous design
  • William William on Apr 14, 2017
    We used lace as a stencils back in the 70's on cars. Black paint on all the bright colors looked great. Dodge Charger, Plymouth Roadrunner, Chevy SS, Ford Torino, GTO, etc. When Cars were Muscle Cars.
  • Katherine Anne Katherine Anne on Apr 29, 2017
    I love using lace as a stencil. Especially on wood sign projects or whimsical artwork. I use it as a background for the lettering, in my quote or word signs, and I also use it in mixed media artwork, upon developing layers and textures in the painting. Plus, you can use lace as a stencil to add a bit of "skill" and uniqueness to upcycling furniture...once it has been stained or painted. The world is your oyster...so go on and try it.. you will fall in love! It really does make everything look a little bit more fancy.
  • Elaine Elaine on Apr 29, 2017
    You can also do that with paper dollar-store doilies!
  • Elaine Elaine on Apr 29, 2017
    You can also use paper doilies available at the dollar store.
  • Elaine Elaine on Apr 29, 2017
    You can also obtain nice results from paper doilies - available at dollar stores.