Thrifted Vintage Spring Tablescape

$26

This Spring I used some of my thrifted collections of milk glass, pressed glass, and vintage linens in my tablescape on our porch. None of them are expensive, just pieces I find in thrift stores.
I used moss that I dug up from our yard as the table runner.  Moss in a bag from a craft store would work great too.
I repotted four small plants into footed milk glass bowls, two for each end of the table.
Instead of cut tulips, I decided to use potted bulbs in the centerpiece.  I repotted them into a white bowl and used moss to cover the dirt.  These blooms lasted for weeks for the same price as cut tulips and they can be replanted in the yard.
I hung some Carolina Jasmine around the chandelier above the table.  It grows wild in our trees.
Milk glass bud vases make great candle holders.  Taper candles fit well in the ones with smaller openings and votives fit nicely into the ones with larger openings.  If they aren't stable, you can use a lighter to melt the end of the candle a little and quickly stick it into the vase to help it adhere.
I needed something else to fill in a few spots so I shopped my house and found these four green ceramic birds that I've had for years.  I like to use a few unexpected pieces to add interest on a table.

I finished off this vintage Spring tablescape by layering some cute mismatched green pressed glass dessert dishes and vintage napkins on my every day plates. 
This was a fun tablescape to put together and we've been using it for entertaining and family dinners for over a month now.  Click on the link to my blog post for more photos and to see it all lit up at night!  That's my favorite!

• Moss  (my yard)
  • Blooming tulip bulbs  (Walmart)
  • Additional small plants  (Lowes)

Dara @hoodcreeklogcabin

• Ardale

Did you put something under your moss to keep the dirt from staining your table? Your table setting is so stunning! Your lucky you have a screened in porch where you can decorate your table so pretty without fear of pests ruining it during the nighttime hours. I'd love to do this with our outdoor patio table but we have raccoons, possums, skunks, squirrels, a woodchuck and Lord knows what else running around out there at night.
    • Barb in Texas

If you're really worried, just lay down a long run of Saran Wrap, lay the moss on top, and then roll the edges underneath so it doesn't show. I would probably do that, but this tablescape is absolutely beautiful. As for the critters, just do this the day of instead of ahead of time and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • Lynn

I question.. just an observation... stunning!! Love the whole project!! Love to see the rest of your house
  • Marie Garner

Beautifully laid out!

• Lorib1062

Beautiful! I love the idea of moss for a runner, anytime you can use from your yard is good.
  • Nita

Beaitiful tablescape, Thankyou!