Make Your Own Window Clings!

These pretty window clings are so easy to make! All you need is puffy fabric paint and my free butterfly pattern. They cling easily to your shiny clean window without leaving any residue and add a bunch of bright color to an otherwise dreary day.

Want to know how to make them?
make your own window clings
For this fun project, you need puffy paint, sheet protectors and a fun pattern to follow. You can find a link to my free butterfly pattern that was used for this project at the end of this post.
make your own window clings
Begin by placing a clear sheet protector over top of the butterfly patterns.
make your own window clings
Using the fabric paint, draw out your outlines.
make your own window clings
Keep working while everything is still wet.  (Fabric paint takes a long time to dry, so you have plenty of time).  A thick layer works best.
make your own window clings
Fill in your empty areas with more color.
make your own window clings
Allow your butterflies to dry overnight.  (Don't try to rush them as it is much easier to get them off the plastic when totally dry).

Once they are totally dried, peel them off of the plastic.
make your own window clings
This is a great rainy day project. These window clings add fun color to your window! For the free butterfly pattern to make your own, be sure to click on the website link below!
Susan Myers

• Debra Ridley Hurst

How do they stick to the window?

• Nancy Nardone

Close your eyes and hold the picture in your hands and play pin the tail on the donkey game only use your picture and try to get it on the window

• L W F

Where does the Windex come in? Am I missing something?

• Nancy Nardone

To wash your Mirrors in the house to get practice for washing the window you are using for your pictures.

• Aileen

Where is the link for the butterflies to make dun archers?
    Thanks

• Sue Lilly

My granddaughter made one about 18 yrs ago and it's still on my back door window

• Marylou

Yes, my granddaughter and I will have to do this. She loves painting anything.