Asked on Apr 16, 2017

Quoizel Lamps? !?!

Lindsay DillonDiana DeileySusan Bechamp
+9

What to do with this lamp I grabbed at the Goodwill yesterday, I could tell by looking at it it was well made, I quickly Googled and found out, it seems to be from a high quality long standing Lamp company....

Leave original and or change lamp shade or change the pewter!?!
    William

Are there any makers marks?
  • Lindsay Dillon
    Lindsay Dillon

The lamp shade and underside of lamp both say Quiozel Lamps since 1930. ?!?!
  • Sam Bradley
    Sam Bradley

I have some Quiozel lamps and I can tell you that they're very expensive. Because of their value, I wouldn't change anything. If you don't like the colors, sell the lamp on Ebay or Craig's list and then buy a cheap lamp that you can paint.
    • Lindsay Dillon
      Lindsay Dillon

TY everyone, I Actually was hoping to hear good news as a slight newbie in this area, that my find was a good one. I will be replacing the very cream dated look of the shade, but that is it! I love the mix of metal and wood, I scoured the store for a second 1! Thanks everyone!!!!
  • Dianab
    Dianab

Unless you want to sell to make a few dollars then go ahead and make it what you want. I would keep the pewter and paint the wood, the shade depends on how well you like it for your decor. I enjoy updating pieces with paint, there are so many techniques available now.
  • Marty Grimson
    Marty Grimson

I wouldn't change it.
    • Lindsay Dillon
      Lindsay Dillon

• Susan Axsom Curtis
    Susan Axsom Curtis

Don't do anything to the lamp . If you must do something get a shade you can make more to your liking.
    • Lindsay Dillon
      Lindsay Dillon

• Susan Bechamp
    Susan Bechamp

The lamp might be worth more at re-sale if you keep the original lamp shade. Can you wrap it and store it somewhere and use a new shade of your own liking? (Replacing parts usually impacts the value in a negative way).
  • Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley

No, no, no, don't change anything about the lamp except maybe the shade. I love the wood and the pewter base. It has great style. (Keep the original shade in case you might want to sell it at a later date. ) Nice find!
  • Lindsay Dillon
    Lindsay Dillon

Thanks ladies!!! I def planned to store the original lamp shade,... any suggestions as to how to properly do this!?! I could find it perhaps useful for anot her lamp at some point but for now I will prob change it to fit decor