Vintage Folding Chairs Get a Makeover...

I'm a sucker for yard and garage sales, especially when I see something like this. I've had some hits and misses with finds before, and this one I felt would surely be a hit.

I found these two vintage metal folding chairs at one of these stops for $1 each! I just couldn't leave them behind. They were screaming at me to take them home.

I started by lifting the tabs on the bottom of the chair to remove the seat cover. That was one of the things I loved about this chair. I can change the seat cover any time I want with little hassle.
My little helper here is helping me sand them to remove scratches and smooth things out to prepare the surface for a bit of paint.
I chose Rust-oleum American Accents in a satin finish. It'll look great in my living room.
I gave the chairs a couple of coats, and I love the outcome.
For the seat covers, I used a white duck canvas fabric and marked off some stripes with masking tape. I then used the same spray paint I used on the chairs to add some color.
I didn't bother removing the vinyl covering that was already there. I simply placed the seat base on top of the fabric, trying to line them up so that the stripes would match on both chairs. I cut around them and left enough fabric to fold under to hide the edges.
I secured the edges to the bottom of the seat base with a bit of masking tape to keep it from lifting when I put the seat back on the chair.
After putting the seat base back onto the chair, I flipped them over and folded the tabs back down to secure the seat in place.
All done! I love how they turned out.

Christy D.