Jennifer Decorates
Jennifer Decorates
  • Murfreesboro, TN

Create Faux Brick Wall Using Inexpensive Paneling

$225

We created a really fabulous aged brick wall for our home decor store using paneling from the home improvement store! This project was inexpensive, and was relatively easy to do! When people see this wall, they cannot believe it is paneling! I keep a scrap piece of paneling just to show them!

This first thing we did was nail up our paneling. Next, I began applying Roll On Texture. Once that was dry, I rolled on watered down paint to create a "whitewash" look. The third step was applying Venetian Plaster to create depth and texture. The final step was applying Polycyrlic to seal the brick.

My video will take you through step-by-step. You can do it!
Here is a close up photo of the brick paneling.
The first step was to apply the Roll On Texture. Roll it on a small section at a time. Then you take a putty knife and go up and down over the texture. This immediately creates an aged look on the wall!

If you don't want any red of the brick to show through, then you want to "white wash" the brick. This is applying watered down paint with a roller. If you want some of the red brick to show through then skip this step.
After the Roll On Texture is dry you are ready to apply the Venetian Plaster. Again, use the putty knife to apply onto the brick. The key here is to only apply on a few bricks and apply sparingly. You are only wanting to highlight and add depth to the wall.

Your last step, once the Venetian plaster is dry is to apply Polycrylic . Do not use Polyurethane! It will yellow the wall!
What an outstanding backdrop!
I just love how this project turned out!
Here is my video with the step-by-step process to creating a gorgeous faux brick wall! Enjoy! :)
Jennifer Decorates

• Liz Malseed

Love what I’m seeing. How can I get involved?

• Norman Scott

Can this be done to actual brick on the exterior.

• SpudBread

Minwax polycrylic should be available at Lowe's -- it is at my local store, anyway ... or ORDER ONINE-- get it shipped direct to you ... now there's a concept!

• Bela Grace

Can this be done in different color than white?