Framed Tree Branch Wall Art

$10

The idea came to me when my husband removed the fluorescent light in our kitchen and took down the fluorescent light molding.
So this was the hubby removing the fluorescent light and everything else, so that we can change the lighting in the kitchen for a track lighting.
This was a part of the molding that used to surround the old kitchen lighting. I thought maybe instead of throwing it in the trash, I could use this as a frame for something... and then the idea dawned that maybe I could have some sort of 3D branch in a frame!
I got 2 Manzanita branches, removed all the leaves and used a knife to just smoothen out the branches a little bit so they weren't so rugged.
This was the Manzanita branches after it was all trimmed and cleaned.
Next, I sprayed some Rust-oleum gold metallic finish on the branches (outside of the house) and let it dry.
This was the branches after it has dried off.
Next, I put the branches and frame together, adjusting it until it feels right and then drilled a 1/2" hole strap (one in front and one in the back of each branch) to secure it to the frame.
To hang the framed branches on the wall, I used a 3/4 in curtain rod bracket set. I also ended up spray painting this gold, just because it will match the color of the branches.
And this was the finished result! Not too bad if I can say so myself :D very pleased with the result!
Here is another view of the new decor.
Now the right wall on my living room doesn't feel so bare anymore!
UPDATED: Decided to get 2 (30 ft) silver wire string lights to put around the branches. They were about $4 a piece from eBay.
And this is what it looks like with the string lights ^_^ nice ambient lighting!

• Donna Wood

What size are your frames?
  • Lilly

I really love the color in this room. You have such a good eye for detail. If you had painted it all white as so many people do these days it would have appeared cold. The branch idea was a clever use of repurpose. Could you share your wall paint color? Thanks Lilly

• Penny

I to love the color your walls .thank you for sharing it .will look good in a tiny house .

• Sandy

Would it be easier to put the lights on the branches before you add them to the frames???

thanks

• Rita

I would say definitely! But I believe she did it after only because the idea came later

• Will

Nicely done!

• Becky

I love your branches as wall art. I stripped two fake ficus trees using tin snips to remove all the silk leaves and smaller feeder branches. I have wanted to use what's left - gnarly tree trunks - as wall art. I plan to paint mine silver. But after seeing your manzanita branches, you are tempting me to go that route instead! Nice.