Dessya Palit
Dessya Palit
  • Rocklin, CA

Framed Tree Branch Wall Art

$10

The idea came to me when my husband removed the fluorescent light in our kitchen and took down the fluorescent light molding.
framed tree branch wall art
So this was the hubby removing the fluorescent light and everything else, so that we can change the lighting in the kitchen for a track lighting.
framed tree branch wall art
This was a part of the molding that used to surround the old kitchen lighting. I thought maybe instead of throwing it in the trash, I could use this as a frame for something... and then the idea dawned that maybe I could have some sort of 3D branch in a frame!
framed tree branch wall art
I got 2 Manzanita branches, removed all the leaves and used a knife to just smoothen out the branches a little bit so they weren't so rugged.
framed tree branch wall art
This was the Manzanita branches after it was all trimmed and cleaned.
framed tree branch wall art
Next, I sprayed some Rust-oleum gold metallic finish on the branches (outside of the house) and let it dry.
framed tree branch wall art
This was the branches after it has dried off.
framed tree branch wall art
Next, I put the branches and frame together, adjusting it until it feels right and then drilled a 1/2" hole strap (one in front and one in the back of each branch) to secure it to the frame.
framed tree branch wall art
To hang the framed branches on the wall, I used a 3/4 in curtain rod bracket set. I also ended up spray painting this gold, just because it will match the color of the branches.
framed tree branch wall art
And this was the finished result! Not too bad if I can say so myself :D very pleased with the result!
framed tree branch wall art
Here is another view of the new decor.
framed tree branch wall art
Now the right wall on my living room doesn't feel so bare anymore!
framed tree branch wall art
UPDATED: Decided to get 2 (30 ft) silver wire string lights to put around the branches. They were about $4 a piece from eBay.
framed tree branch wall art
And this is what it looks like with the string lights ^_^ nice ambient lighting!

• Denisenewby

I love what you did with the branches and molding, very creative! However, what really intrigues me is the project with the kitchen lights. I have been trying to figure out how to do the same thing, as my fluorescent light fixtures are ugly. Is it possible for you to post something about that change-over?

• Denisenewby

Thank you so much, and your hubby, too! I figured as much, but didn't want to get started and wind up over my head. I've replaced light fixtures previously, as well as ceiling fans, so I should be good to go! I appreciate your time!

• Gwen

Where do u find manzanita branches🤔

• Lissa

They do sell it at most pet stores, people use it for making bird toys and perches. I’ve also seen it in the lizard-like animals section for the same reason I’m sure.

• Donna Wood

What size are your frames?

• Mimom

Too simple looking. Reminders of art done by elementry school children. The ideal is creative , but more creativity should go into it. Didn't wow me at all.

• Ancuta Gabriela

so interesting, great idea