How to Make a 5 Minute Patio Table

$25

Spring is finally upon us! Hallelujah!!! I've been waiting for this nice weather since last summer ended and now the time has come to start sprucing up our yard again. Because of the layout of our yard, we don't have a great space for patio furniture so when we have guests over, we sit family-style on a big picnic table Rob made a few years ago and once the stars come out, we usually gather around our little campfire in beach chairs and on 2 makeshift benches Rob made out of driftwood we picked up at Montauk Point. However, our guests usually sit their drinks on the ground so this project is the perfect solution to that small issue.
SUPPLIES:
-20" resin whiskey barrel planter
-lots of wine corks (I had about 2 grocery bags full that I've collected over the years.)
-17-3/4" pine round
-round piece of glass (I found an end table at a local thrift store with a removable glass top that I scored for $10!)
-Everbilt Assorted Self-Adhesive Round Vinyl Surface Bumpers (You'll definitely want these if you're using a ceramic planter so as not to scratch your glass top!)

Optional:
-bricks/big rocks/bag of sand for weight if using a resin planter
STEP 1: Place pine round
First, I placed my pine round in my whiskey barrel planter. You can use anything round to replace the pine round such as a pizza pan. Depending on what you're going to fill the top of your planter with, you'll want to have space between the pine round (or pizza pan) and the top edge of your planter. I needed quite a bit of space because of how bulky my wine corks were so the 17-3/4" pine round gave the perfect amount of space from the top edge of the planter.
STEP 2: Fill top of planter and spread out/arrange
Next, I poured all of my wine corks in my planter. The ideas are endless as to what you can display in your planter: sand and shells, sea glass, painted pinecones, etc.
Once my wine corks were poured in, I spread them out evenly over the pine round.
STEP 3: Add vinyl bumpers
After my wine corks were arranged, I stuck vinyl bumpers to the edge of my planter so that my glass top had a little cushion to sit on.
STEP 4: Place glass
Finally, I placed my round piece of glass on top of my planter, ensuring that it was centered.
It was amazing how quick and easy this project was but even more than that, it's totally functional! We love having friends over in the summertime around our little campfire, and instead of everyone placing their drinks on the ground, we now have this cute little table that really makes a statement.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

lot 10 Wine Corks Bottle Bung Stopper Preservation DIY Cork Board 19mmx...

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas

• Carole Kahn

Great Decor Piece! (with functionality!!)

• Amanda Funk Marshall

I love this idea. I have a metal bucket that I'm thinking of doing it like this. It hasxa lid tho and I had thought about storing my outside tools in it then making a light weight waterproof table top for my storage table .