Galvanized Chicken Feeder and Mason Jar Repurposed Into Lamp

$8

I always seem to be drawn to galvanized chick feeders when I see them at a flea market or yard sale. (you can buy them brand new at a feed store too) I hung onto this feeder for a while until inspiration hit. Why not put a light in it and turn it into a lamp! I had a few primitive window candle lamps on hand in my stash so I took one out and took it apart and came up with a plan.
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Here are all of the parts before
Here are all of the parts before
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I carefully took the candle lamp apart and removed the metal tray part from it
I carefully took the candle lamp apart and removed the metal tray part from it.
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I used my husbands drill press to drill a hole in the middle of the bottom just barely larger than the column on the candle lamp
I used my husbands drill press to drill a hole in the middle of the bottom just barely larger than the column on the candle lamp.
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I put the candle lamp back together after screwing the column portion of it onto the chick feeder
I put the candle lamp back together after screwing the column portion of it onto the chick feeder.
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I secured the wire down with metal tape and placed 3 rubber stick on feet onto the bottom
I secured the wire down with metal tape and placed 3 rubber stick-on feet onto the bottom.
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I played around with different decorating ideas for it and also note the low watt silicone bulb in this pic The small chandelier bulb in the earlier pics got hot but the silicone bulb does not
I played around with different decorating ideas for it and also note the low watt silicone bulb in this pic. The small chandelier bulb in the earlier pics got hot, but the silicone bulb does not.
galvanized chicken feeder and mason jar repurposed into lamp, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I tried a clear mason jar also
I tried a clear mason jar also.
Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life