Asked on Apr 18, 2017

Any ideas on what I can do to this unused space off of my garage?

Willy boy 64Olga MelgozaDfm
+10

It's approx. 2x3' 6' high space ,covered roof. We enjoy being outside and have no idea what we can do to this space.
  • Do you need a potting bench? This would be perfect for this space. If not, how about building a few shelves and have a potted plant display? Or how about an herb garden in pots? Maybe a little bench for relaxing, like an outdoor reading nook? I am really liking that idea. Or for parties, a beverage station of some sort that could be multi functional when not in use? Can you run plumbing for an outdoor shower? Clean yourself up a bit before heading in the house. Hope this helps! Have fun, that is a great feature!
  • Dennie
    Dennie

Put a bakers rack in there. Place pretty pots on the shelves. Spring time plant pretty shade loving plants. Winter time put plastic and silk flowers in them. Will be pretty all year long.
    Janet Pizaro

Create a focal point and put a fountain in and then plant next to it.
  • Tim22380450
    Tim22380450

This is a door port for getting out of your car and going into the house without getting wet.
    Somebody has covered over the door.
  • Betty Johnstone Lawrence
    Betty Johnstone Lawrence

Fill in sides and make a small storage shed for yard and garden tools. Use the fence part of it for a cute design on the door. will make more room in garage
  • Joycekozachenko
    Joycekozachenko

green house !

• Sharon Depatie
    Sharon Depatie

We have the exact same situation. We set up a portable gazebo with chairs & a table. I hung pots from the supports & arranged urns & planters around the base. It's cool & relaxing under there on a summer afternoon, with a glass of wine & a good book. I don't even bring out the phone!! When it's too breezy, I have a cheap white sheet that hangs from the frame & is weighted with a thick dowel set in the hem. GReat spot for coffee get together too.
  • Sandy Stotz Johnson
    Sandy Stotz Johnson

Looks like it might have been used to store fire wood.
  • Leo Legouffe
    Leo Legouffe

Use it as a small woodshed.

• Chr4787838
    Chr4787838

You have several different opinions for what the original purpose was. I would use it for whichever use you need. All very good suggestions for this small space. My personal favorite is a potting bench/shed .
  • Dfm
    Dfm

most wood sheds have supports on 2 sides to keep the wood properly stacked. this doesn't. it does have a concrete steps leading to it. the "garage" might have had a past as an ice house.,or a "summer house" kitchens were sometimes separated from the main dwelling to reduce possibility of fires. much easier to replace a small building than to build a house.
  • Olga Melgoza
    Olga Melgoza

It looks like a space to put garbage cans kind of away from sight
  • Willy boy 64
    Willy boy 64

If you use firewood you can put your wood there.