Jeremy Dixon
Jeremy Dixon
  • Clarksville, TN

Tea Light Personal Space Heater

This may sound like one of those “free” energy things, and I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical about this working until this morning. After spending a morning next to this thing, I can now say that this tea light candle heater actually works. You have to be near it to get warmer or have a small space to heat, but it works…really.
What is it? Basically it is 4 tea light candles, placed in a foil lined
tea light personal space heater, crafts, hvac, repurposing upcycling
Jeremy Dixon

• Dorene Valerio

Why or what would this kind of heater be needed?

• Sheila Mark

Can you set a cup of tea or coffee on top to keep your drink warm?

• Carla DiAngelo Smith

It’s of all, PLEASE don’t put your coffee cup on top of the terra cotta planters. it would be like stacking a folding chair on top of another unsteady folding chair!!

Next, if you did have everything taped down and you wanted to put your coffee up there, it wouldn’t have to be centered because the candles are not getting their oxygen from those little hole. They are getting it from the open sides of the loaf pan.

Also, the heat would not escape from the open areas at the bottom. Remember basic science, heat rises! Think of a hot air balloon, it has that great big whole right above the flame. Because heat rises, so it goes into the balloon.

• Kent

I don't understand why this would be any warmer than just burning the 4 candles on their own.