Asked on Apr 19, 2017

How can I Get oil stains out of clothes?

DAnnBrendaMary
+6

• Mary
    Mary

Dawn has never let me down!
  • Hank Wyllie
    Hank Wyllie

Not sure if available where you are or what it's called, but for very stubborn stains spray a small amount of WD-40 on the clothes, leave for a few minutes then wash them in a warm to hot wash.

• Becki armington
    Becki armington

I use Lestoil on clothes. If the stain is not gone on the first wash, reapply use Lestoil on clothes. If the stain is not gone on the first wash, reapply Lestoil and rewash. Repeat as many times needed, but should only need one or two washes. It is great for getting out any kind of stain in clothes (i.e grass stains, etc.). I always used Cheer detergent and Lestoil to make clothes smell good. My grandson remembers and loves the smell when I use it.
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie

Pour Dawn on the stain and let it sit for at least an hour before washing.
  • Mary
    Mary

i like to use a small amount of Dawn in the stain. But in a pinch you can also use a little shampoo. If using shampoo, you might need to rub well, not as effective as Dawn but works. Remember both of these make lots of suds, important if you have a f not loading machine like I do.
  • Mary
    Mary

a front loading machine. Sorry
  • Brenda
    Brenda

Lestoil or Pine-sol will do the trick. If really bad put a spot of either liquid on item then rub in powdered soap.
  • DAnn
    DAnn

Pretreat with original blue Dawn dish soap .