Brandi
Brandi
  • Atlanta, GA

Cafe Curtains From Pillowcases

$25.00

Turn pillowcases into curtains - it's easy and inexpensive
cafe curtains from pillowcases
I recently gave my laundry room a makeover. When the time came to select curtains for my laundry room, I had a tough time finding something that I liked. Everything was either too expensive or just not my style. Before leaving the store empty-handed, I decided to browse the bed-linens aisle. There, I found pillow cases in a simple pattern that I loved. I decided to use the pillowcases for curtains in the laundry room. The pattern and colors were perfect and best of all, they were easy to hang and didn't involve any sewing!
cafe curtains from pillowcases
Supplies and steps used:
cafe curtains from pillowcases
Drapery rings with clips- 5 clips per curtain panel. Be sure to space the clips evenly. Start by folding the top of your  pillow case in half and then in half again.
cafe curtains from pillowcases
Pair of cotton pillow cases- Lay the pillow cases flat so you can attach the curtain rings.  

cafe curtains from pillowcases
Iron and fabric freshener- For ironing and freshening your curtains.

cafe curtains from pillowcases
Curtain Rod- Slide the rings through to attach curtain to the rod

cafe curtains from pillowcases
You're done! Stand back and admire how nice your windows look. For a few dollars and no sewing machine required, I hope you found this tutorial helpful.

Brandi

• Jodie Woods

Very pretty! My mom taught me to do things like this while I was growing up. What really catches my eye is the entire look you’ve created! I love the blinds. Where did you get them? Are they vinyl or wood?

• Margerita

I think I'm dumb. Do yo fold the curtains lengthwise and.why four times?

• Dana Marshall Postil

You're not dumb, Margerita. I'm brilliant, yet I was wondering the same thing..! Brandi needed to write one sentence about making sure the clips are evenly spaced BY folding, etc... I STILL didn't understand the point of folding till Kathy and Tina, above, explained that was why we were folding.

• Barbara Ungrady

W as the first color the blue or the yellow?

• Brandi

Do you mean the color of the walls? It was previously painted blue. Then I changed the color to Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore.

• Linda Germana

Very nice. I did something similar a few years ago with real colorful towels on a bathroom window.

• Barbara Karjala Gamache

Great idea, but from my experience it would be cheaper to buy the curtains!! New pillowcases are expensive!!

• Sandra Clayton

Or, at thrift stores. It was hard there, for awhile, to buy pillowcases separately from a sheet set, so I started buying them in thrift stores. Have found quite a few, like new, for a dollar or two per pair.