Homemade Wood Privacy Screens

$120.00
1 Week
Advanced

Lately, our neighborhood has been under construction. Lots of new homes are getting built. I don't know if it is the fact that we got used to have just empty lots around us, but as soon as those home started to go up, we felt the need to add a little "privacy" to our back porch.

homemade wood privacy screens
One day while browsing on Pinterest I came across this beautiful porch with wooden screens. We both loved this look, so my husband got to work and recreated the same kind of screens.
homemade wood privacy screens
homemade wood privacy screens
homemade wood privacy screens
homemade wood privacy screens
When it was all said and done, we painted them the same color as the siding of our home so when you see them from the street, they don't look off.
homemade wood privacy screens
We installed them using thin but heavy duty chain and large eye hooks.
homemade wood privacy screens
So happy with this project. More pictures on the blog.

Maria L

• Loi3181180

Very much inspired....please tell me your measurement...how long is your porch and how long and wide are each panel of the panels?

• Tommy

What size wood was used and amount of spacing to create lattice look.

• Nina Mcrae

You can always find options that would work for you ,like fabric with designs (can be taken down and washed with hose).Or go to the garden center and look for lattice work already made..frame as you'd like.

• Penny-Marie

I looked up the chains & it says they are 14 feet long. How did you make them shorter lengths? How did you open the eye hooks to fasten the chains to them?

• Maria L

Hi, Penny-Marie, my husband did it very easily with pliers. We just measured the length we needed and using the pliers we opened a little bit one of the links of the chain to remove the rest. When you buy the eye hooks, they are not completely closed so we bought a chain that could fit into that opening with just a little force. Everything has stayed in place for over two and a half years now and the panels have survived several very strong storms and two winters without a problem. Hope this helps.