Homemade Wood Privacy Screens

$120.00
1 Week
Advanced

Lately, our neighborhood has been under construction. Lots of new homes are getting built. I don't know if it is the fact that we got used to have just empty lots around us, but as soon as those home started to go up, we felt the need to add a little "privacy" to our back porch.

homemade wood privacy screens
One day while browsing on Pinterest I came across this beautiful porch with wooden screens. We both loved this look, so my husband got to work and recreated the same kind of screens.
homemade wood privacy screens
homemade wood privacy screens
homemade wood privacy screens
homemade wood privacy screens
When it was all said and done, we painted them the same color as the siding of our home so when you see them from the street, they don't look off.
homemade wood privacy screens
We installed them using thin but heavy duty chain and large eye hooks.
homemade wood privacy screens
So happy with this project. More pictures on the blog.

Maria L

• Christy Roppel

Love this! Does Jasmine (or the like) grow in your area? That might look good climbing on the trellis

• Loi3181180

Very much inspired....please tell me your measurement...how long is your porch and how long and wide are each panel of the panels?

• Tommy

What size wood was used and amount of spacing to create lattice look.