Re-doing Counter Tops to Look Like Granite Cheaply With No Paint

I found this product online while researching the stainless steel films (one's used to cover appliances so look like Stainless steel) . It is a "granite" film for counter tops (Rachel Ray speaks up for it and has used), http://www.instant-granite.com/ After researching it and reading installation tutorial, Hubby and I have decided we are going to use this on craft room counter tops we are
re doing counter tops to look like granite cheaply with no paint, countertops, painting

• L John

are there more products available like this for wood overlays?

• Pat

@L John Hi - if you don't care about the food safe aspect of the ink, then just go search out auto vinyl wrap, or 3M wrap. There are wood patterns, and various gloss finishes. I used auto vinyl for a refrigerator, worked great. The granite pattern for countertops held up ok, but after two years there is a dulling of the finish in some areas (likely what I cleaned it with). Still better than almond formica!

• Carol Robertson

What is the name of this stuff? I don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere. I can't buy it if I don't know what to ask for.

• Jim Trout

Has anyone using it had to deal with an "L" shaped countertop? How do you deal with the 90 degree turn?

• Christy Campbell

This is awesome, thanks for posting, I believe I have found what I need to update my counters! They have 5 different colors now!

• Carol Robertson

I am going to try it! I have been looking for an answer for a long time and this just might be it!