Rain water run off problem solved with a gorgeous dry creek bed, Japanese bridge.

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend

• Shirley Robinson
    Shirley Robinson

What materials are under the rocks? Concrete, soil, sand?

• I followed the course of how water ran off from the neighbors onto this one. We put down 2 layers of river rock directly on top of the Georgia clay soil. Some rocks were small to medium and some comsidered large at 5-7". I put the flattest ones on the bottom. I chose some rocks because of their shape and color to be on the top layer just for added visual interest. I used to put two layers of weed block fabric underneath the rocks. I found that weeds will still grow above the fabric so it really is a step that I do not do unless my client insists. If the area is rough where you want your dry creek bed, you can smooth it out as needed. Sand is not a good idea because it may wash out when it rains. I love making dry creek beds and rock gardens and hope ypu enjoy yours.

• I had the bridge hand made by a very talented finish carpenter, craftsman, general contractor. I picked out the sealer and two stain colors to achieve the look we wanted. I mixed a barn type red with a wee bit of black. The bridge cost $ 800. I believe the total span end to end is 8 ft. I'll have to check to be percise.

• Andy Yarbrough
    Andy Yarbrough

Looks nice and well done! I might have to try this in my back yard.