Decoupage Terracotta Pots

$5

We all have many women in our life that are very are special to us. Although we may appreciate and care about someone, we often neglect to let them know, and regret it when it is too late. Makingsomeone’s day special doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
These easy decoupage terracotta pots were $0.78 each and I used scraps I already had from previous projects to transfer them into works of art. And you can do the same! Besides, does Mom actually need another mug?

Once you have made sure your pot is clean and dry, you can begin to paint just inside ring and the entire outside. 

You may need to paint a couple of coats depending on your desired look. The pots are pretty absorbent and will soak the paint in pretty quickly. 

Let dry for about 20 mins each coat. Once your pot is dry you can begin adding your paper product of choice. For this tutorial, I decided to show you how to decoupage scrapbook paper onto the side of the pot. Again, there are many other ways of doing it. This is just a way to help you get started.

Fold your paper into equal parts making it easier to cut. 

Once folded, cut on the lines creating strips of paper. 

I like to make sure the strips stay in order so it’s easier to match up the pattern. 
Add a thin layer of Mod Podge to the side of your pot and lay a strip of paper over it. Rub continuously for about 5 seconds making sure the paper is completely flat and smooth. 

Continue this process all the way around the pot until completely covered. I try to match up the pattern the best that I can, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
You can make yours however you like! 

Once your pot is wrapped, flipped it upside down and trim off any extra long paper. Cut slits down the remaining paper making it easier to glue to the bottom.

See the full tutorial on Lifeispoppin.com

• Terracotta Pots
  • Mod Podge
  • Scrapbook Paper

Missi Perez

• LaRee

what kind of paint to you use on the terracotta pots?
  • Pam

JJust wondering what is the best thing to put on our terra cotta pots after I have used patio paint for outside pots.how do I protect them from the elements.thank you.

• Donna

Do you take all of the paper off the bottom of the pots?

• Perrygirl

Yup, I love decoupaging pots, however I am having a problem lately with it bubbling when I water my plants. Never had that happen before.

• Sissy

We painted a terracotta flower box and all of the paint peeled off. Had no idea what we did wrong. It’s an old one and has been around for a long time. I’m great shape. No cracks at all. This info. has helped a lot

• Sissy

I like painting them. I will try again.