Transforming An Old China Cabinet

I do not own a set of China. I do however collect just about anything you can set a table with! I had been on the lookout for a storage piece that I could display my collection in when I ran across this at my local Goodwill.
transforming an old china cabinet
The style was pretty classic and the price was right at $60, so this mid sized vintage cabinet came home with me!
transforming an old china cabinet
the easiest thing to do was work on each piece seperate the two sections. I painted each section in a creamy off white to keep a neutral backdrop for my collection of Transfer Ware. For the top of the china cabinet I removed the glass doors and chose to do something a bit more interesting and textural.
transforming an old china cabinet
I purchased 1 1/2 yards of a neutral damask fabric from Hobby Lobby with a coupon and hotglued it to the back of the cabinet and I love the result!!! It has made a great backdrop for all of the thing I have collected for many years.
transforming an old china cabinet
i also changed out the drawer pull for some that I actually found on Etsy for $12!
transforming an old china cabinet
If you want all of the details you can find the whole project in the link below!

• Old cabinet, paint, fabric and cheap hsrdware  (Goodwill, Hobby Lobby, Etsy)
  • Offwhite paint
Paige @ southerncurated

1 question on this project