Transforming An Old China Cabinet

I do not own a set of China. I do however collect just about anything you can set a table with! I had been on the lookout for a storage piece that I could display my collection in when I ran across this at my local Goodwill.
transforming an old china cabinet
The style was pretty classic and the price was right at $60, so this mid sized vintage cabinet came home with me!
transforming an old china cabinet
the easiest thing to do was work on each piece seperate the two sections. I painted each section in a creamy off white to keep a neutral backdrop for my collection of Transfer Ware. For the top of the china cabinet I removed the glass doors and chose to do something a bit more interesting and textural.
transforming an old china cabinet
I purchased 1 1/2 yards of a neutral damask fabric from Hobby Lobby with a coupon and hotglued it to the back of the cabinet and I love the result!!! It has made a great backdrop for all of the thing I have collected for many years.
transforming an old china cabinet
i also changed out the drawer pull for some that I actually found on Etsy for $12!
transforming an old china cabinet
If you want all of the details you can find the whole project in the link below!

• Old cabinet, paint, fabric and cheap hsrdware  (Goodwill, Hobby Lobby, Etsy)
  • Offwhite paint
Paige @ southerncurated

• Smb33415954

Love this! I have been looking for an idea to update my old hutch (which looks much like this one). We just installed new white kitchen cabinets and this look would work great in adjoining dining room. Best idea ever. Thank you!!