How save time and expenses when making bulk pallet wood art paintings?

+4
Wooden art painting done for the love of coffee
e how save time and expenses when making bulk pallet wood art paintings
  • I love it! Should be in my kitchen . . . Lol . ☕ Thanks for sharing! 😊

• Shoshana Shoshana on Apr 20, 2017
    I need this in my kitchen!

• Sharon Sharon on May 14, 2017
    I would assembly line the production.
    Cut the wooden blanks in batches, maybe add a ruler to table edge and mark where the cuts should be. Before you cut into smaller pieces, sand all the edges at once using a sander, then cut into short pieces, clamp and sand cut edge. Create a jig to line up the short pieces, and drill your holes in stacked groups.
    Line up all the wood blanks, and paint a bunch in one color, then line up the next batch for another color. Have a shelf full of painted blanks.
    Then I would make a durable reusable stencil for each saying lined up, use some clips to hold the stencil in place and stencil. or you could make a frame like silk screening with the stencil fastened on..... and a jig below to hold the painted blank in place. If you have multiple sayings, have stencils hanging on a line above your workbench using laundry clips.
    If your going to be doing alot of stenciling, I think I would invest in one of those die cut machines like a Cricut, Silhouette or Brother to make fast extremely well done crisp cuts.
    Then I would make up a large batch of your twine hangers, and when you have a batch of finished, dried piece put the hangers on them.
    To keep expenses low you can get free pallets for wood. Make your own chalk paint by the gallon. or try staining the wood with fabric dye. If you wax them, buy a large tin of paste wax.

• Sharon Susa Courchesne Sharon Susa Courchesne on May 17, 2017
    I love it! And it's totally true by the way! ;)

• Susan Axsom Curtis Susan Axsom Curtis on May 18, 2017
    I agree with Sharon. I would put the hangers on before stenciling that way I could hand the finished piece to dry.