Thrift Store Find~Watch Box Makeover

$5.00

What started off as a plain brown watch box now has a completely different look. Have a look at the thrift store watch box makeover that was changed to match other gold and white jewelry display pieces.
While I’m not a watch wearer, Gloria , my daughter, absolutely loves them. She has quite a few.. She has a large watch display box, but it’s rapidly filling up. When I spotted a smaller one at my local Goodwill recently, I knew I could give it a makeover and have it blend in perfectly with her jewelry displays. For $2.99, it was a great find.
The cushions looked as though they had been used very gently. The box was sturdy and there were no missing pieces.
Using painter’s tape, I completely covered the glass top before painting.
I used TSP to clean the box before spray painting it with Krylon CoverMaxx Paint and Primer, Bright White Satin.
It took two coats before getting the coverage I wanted.
Painting the inside trim was a little tricky. I removed the partitions and covered the sides with painter’s tape. I cut strips of card stock to line the bottom before painting. I didn’t want the paint to be sprayed on the openings and lining, but I couldn’t tape over them because I didn’t want to cover the area around the openings. So, I started looking around for something that could be stuffed into the slots. Toothpicks! Sometimes you have to improvise!
Once the paint was dry, I gave it a coat of Krylon Crystal Clean Spray Finish. I used gold glittery Washi tape as a trim for the box to give it a little glam look to match Gloria’s decor.
While this was a simple paint project, I love the new look and more importantly, so does Gloria. It's another example of a thrift store find that only needed a quick, inexpensive makeover to have new life!
She uses lots of gold and white for decor at her place and this watch box now fits right in.
As her collection of watches continues to grow, this should come in handy for her.
I love a thrift store find makeover that is budget friendly that turns out great
To see more, please visit the link below.

• Krylon CoverMaxx Paint and Primer, Bright White Satin  (Lowe's)
  • Krylon Crystal Clear Spray Finish  (Lowe's)
  • Washi Tape  (Michaels)

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd