Banquet Table Makeover

$65

Give that ugly, old banquet table a new lease on life by adding a new table top.

Begin by measuring your table. My table measured 5' x 30"; however, I purchased 3 pieces of pine that measured 1" x 12" x 6' for the top, so I would have an overhang of 6" on each end and 3" on each side. I also purchased 3 pieces of 1" x 3" x 8" for the edges.

Using a miter saw, cut the 3" edge pieces of the table.

Apply wood glue to the edges of the 12" boards. Making sure the ends of the boards are align, clamp them together and allow glue to dry for two hours.

Using a tape measure, mark where the pilot holes need to be drilled on the 3" edge boards. I marked 4" from each end, then every 10". Using those marks, drill pilot holes and countersink holes for the screws you will be using to attached the 3" edge boards to the 12" top boards.

Attach the 3" edge boards to the 12" top boards using screws, countersinking the screws.

Fill the screw holes with wood filler.

After the wood filler has dried, sand the table using medium grade sandpaper.

Using a damp cloth, wipe the entire table to remove any dust.

Chose your finish - either paint or stain. I used Red Oak stain.

Using a dry cloth, remove any excess stain. Allow the stain to dry at least 1 hour. Finish with a clear coat of sealer. Allow to dry for 24 hours.

Your new table is ready to use!

To permanently affix the new table top to the original banquet table, apply Liquid Nails to the original top and place the new top onto the original. For added support, screw the top in place.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants

• Nicole
    Nicole

I am very inspired to try this. Also have noticed a lot of picky and just plain rudeness in most of the comments on most projects that I've been looking at. Covid-19 is not an excuse to be rude. People post these projects the way that they created them and with the material that they have on hand or available to them. I personally do not have access to most of the materials that are in most posts.

• Linnie
    Linnie

Thanks for your poignant reply!