Reusable Bees Wax Wraps

$2

We all know how bad plastic wrap is for the environment, but there aren't too many options for reusable wraps out there, so we keep using the stuff to wrap our leftovers, sandwiches and picnic items. Now, I have a solution for you using fabric and bees wax! Say "buh-bye" to that tangled plastic wrap.
Step 1: Trace out the shape of your desired food wrap onto a piece of cotton fabric.

I used a plate to trace a circle larger than the bowl I wanted to wrap. I also continued to make squares and large rectangles.
Step 2: Cut out your shape from the fabric.

Step 3: Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.

I used a pizza tray for my circular shape.
Step 4: Place your fabric topside down onto the lined tray. Sprinkle with a small amount of bees wax beads.

*Don't use much at all. Too many beads will result in a large pool of melted bees wax and you'll have to start all over again.
Step 5: Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for less than one minute or until wax has melted.
Step 6: Let your wax cool and harden.
Step 7: Wrap the food item or dish of your choice and use the warmth of your hands to activate the wax to stick to the item. It only takes a few seconds!

For this, I covered the top of a salad bowl.
Need to save half a lemon? Use one of your wraps to save it and keep it in the fridge!
Or, how about wrapping your kids sandwich in one of these clever wraps? When you're ready to use it for something else, simply hand wash them with soap and water!
The next time you head out for a picnic, you'll feel guilt-free! No more worries about all those containers and packages being tossed in the trash.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas

• Jenny
    Jenny

Has anyone tried soy wax?

• Jamie Tyler Smith
    Jamie Tyler Smith

How do you clean them?

• JoAnne
    JoAnne

I have store-bought beeswax covers that work amazingly well. I tried my hand at making my own but they just won’t seem to stick. I have buried the amount of beeswax on different sizes and they still don’t seem to stick. Any recommendations?