Outdoor Privacy Bench

$200

We just finished this build where we started with a basic Ana White bench plan and modified it for our needs. I (Steph) have been wanting to build a privacy screen for some time to cover the patch of my yard that I can see into my neighbors backyard. We finally made it happen and even better we made it into a bench so it has multiple functions!

Watch the video! To see how to make the concrete seats watch this.

Gather materials. We found light weight plastic lattice at Home Depot.

Measure and cut all your boards for the base, drill pocket holes, assemble with Kreg outdoor screws.

Measure and cut all pieces for the back. There are two 6' side pieces and three horizontal pieces. Cut groves into the sides and horizontal pieces in which the lattice will fit. We used the circular saw along with the Kreg rip-cut jig.

Measure and cut lattice for the back and fit into place. We used tin snips to cut the plastic lattice. After the second piece of lattice is in place screw on the remaining back piece. We predrilled pocket holes prior to putting everything together.

Attach the seat. We used outdoor screws and brackets to secure the seat and legs.

To help seal the bench legs we used painted on Flex Seal. Note: We also cast three concrete pieces to use as bench seats. That's an entire video/tutorial itself that you can find on our website.

Add the concrete pieces and it's all ready for seating and to block the view of the neighbor's back yard. Find more detail on our site and in the video above!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Mother Daughter Projects

• Karen DeRosia Wright

Absolutely beautiful. Love this 💕

• Charlotte

Where is the subscribe button don't see one

• Mother Daughter Projects

Thank you for your interest. Go back up to the video at the top of the page and click YouTube in the lower right hand corner. That will take you to our YouTube channel where you should see a subscribe button. If you want to subscribe to our newsletter you can do that on our website here. ~Vicki

• Isla

I have 2 questions; One is where did you get that pocket hole attachment? And any where I could get get detailed instructions to make the groves for the 2x4's? I love this idea, am about to build fence with lattace, and prefer the 2X4 idea. Thanks so much!

• Michelle

You can also use 1/2 inch corner round trim to place the lattice in if you don’t cut for lattice or router