Outdoor Privacy Bench

$200

We just finished this build where we started with a basic Ana White bench plan and modified it for our needs. I (Steph) have been wanting to build a privacy screen for some time to cover the patch of my yard that I can see into my neighbors backyard. We finally made it happen and even better we made it into a bench so it has multiple functions!
Watch the video! To see how to make the concrete seats watch this.
Gather materials. We found light weight plastic lattice at Home Depot.
Measure and cut all your boards for the base, drill pocket holes, assemble with Kreg outdoor screws.
Measure and cut all pieces for the back. There are two 6' side pieces and three horizontal pieces. Cut groves into the sides and horizontal pieces in which the lattice will fit. We used the circular saw along with the Kreg rip-cut jig.
Measure and cut lattice for the back and fit into place. We used tin snips to cut the plastic lattice. After the second piece of lattice is in place screw on the remaining back piece. We predrilled pocket holes prior to putting everything together.
Attach the seat. We used outdoor screws and brackets to secure the seat and legs.
To help seal the bench legs we used painted on Flex Seal. Note: We also cast three concrete pieces to use as bench seats. That's an entire video/tutorial itself that you can find on our website.
Add the concrete pieces and it's all ready for seating and to block the view of the neighbor's back yard. Find more detail on our site and in the video above!

Mother Daughter Projects

• Kathy

Why concrete for seat? Who would want to sit on it? I would use 1/2" plywood and removable cushions. Nice idea those.

• Judy

For plywood that would need to be treated because it would worp faster with the season's. You can still put pillows over the concrete seats at least the concrete lasts longer and hold the whole frame down with bad weather. Y'all did a great job😘

• Karen DeRosia Wright

Absolutely beautiful. Love this 💕

• Charlotte

Where is the subscribe button don't see one

• Mother Daughter Projects

Thank you for your interest. Go back up to the video at the top of the page and click YouTube in the lower right hand corner. That will take you to our YouTube channel where you should see a subscribe button. If you want to subscribe to our newsletter you can do that on our website here. ~Vicki

• Dianna Breland Strahan

I love the cement. I will try this myself. Love the simplicity of it. 👍🏼

• Sue Stoffel

The back would make a good privacy screen for apartment balconies. I needed this project about 5 years ago, lol.