DIY Kitchen Conversion Chart

$10

After doing some demo on our shop we happen to have an extra cupboard door laying around, it was so clean and crisp I immediately thought to myself, “this would make for a great sign!” From there I couldn’t decide exactly what it should say…that was until I was cooking in the kitchen and had to whip out my phone (with greasy hands and all) to look up a quick cooking conversion. Eureka!

Photo Cred: Anya McInroy
Let’s make a cute kitchen conversion sign for an easy fix…. No more messy phones and frantically trying to find measurements while making food for clients!
Supplies:
  • Board (cabinet door, etc)
  • Paint & brush
  • Pencil & eraser
  • Conversion chart (you can find tons of examples on Pinterest or copy mine!)
This is where a pencil is optional!! You can use a ruler or free hand your chart before painting. Feel free to experiment with different colors also! We decided to go with the classic black and white colors because it matches our kitchen decor!
Good thing our zesty gal Danielle was near to work her amazing painting talents- she busted out this sign in no time… Once you let it dry, hang it in your kitchen! You can get creative by using ribbon or twine to hang it! Or just lean it against the wall and place it on your counter! The options are endless!!
We can't wait to hang this in our kitchen! We loved how simple this kitchen refresh DIY was! Let us see your kitchen conversion charts below in the comments!

Happy cooking!!

XO,
Sam

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Zest it Up

• Kathleen Weiss Boyle

How about I just print out a copy of yours, and stick it on the board with Modge Podge?

• Sonia Bushers Thompson

what about metric measures?

• Jim

Rusty, more and more we are having the Metric system forced upon us.My suggestion is to use smaller letters and add another column or two. Metric conversions are easy now with a computer running on the Windoze operating platform, the calculator function has a Metric conversion function built into it, alternately there are many conversion tools available by simply using your favorite search engine on the internet. (I refuse to advertise for the one that automatically rolls off of everyone's tongue when they mean "search engine". The same principal applies, do your conversions when your hands aren't messy and add them to your chart.

• DeBorah Beatty

How about attaching glass to it and using it as a cutting board?

• Jodi

I use glass cutting boards all the time. They never chip.

• Marion

I am taking this idea and will give it a plastic coating and keep it inside my cabinet door

• Becky Matheny

this is such a cool idea, I am seriously thinking of trying this in my Kitchen.

Thank you for the share!