How To Design Beautiful Roller Shades With Wallpaper

I used wallpaper to transform my plain white vinyl roller shades and what a difference it made. A nice opportunity came my way to partner with Walls Republic, who are featured on Houzz, Hometalk, StyleatHome and House&Home.

My project began when JC Penny had their cute fringe edge cut to width vinyl roller shades on sale recently. I ordered them for my bow-window and really liked how they looked. That would
how to design beautiful roller shades with wallpaper
The wallpaper pattern on my roller shades is Adeline Duck Egg.

Walls Republic comes in gorgeous patterns and colors and is of the highest quality. I will definitely use their wallpaper again.
It took some time to find these whimsical roller shades with fringe. I think JC Penny (might be) phasing them out so if you happen to like this style now is the time to order before they are gone.

Design Your Own Roller Shades with Wallpaper:
First I rolled out the shade length to cover the window when pulled all the way down and measured that length and I added six inches to make sure no white shade color would show when pulling the shade up and down. Then I cut the wallpaper length to match.

After I marked the length and squared it off, I cut five wallpaper lengths for each window.
I tried regular wallpaper paste and it did not stick to the shades. Maybe because they are vinyl. I used 3M Neoprene 98 Vinyl and Rubber Adhesive since it is for vinyl and it worked very well. P.S. If you use this glue make sure to shake it up well and test spray on cardboard to make sure it sprays evenly.

Ask your wallpaper dealer for guidance for proper adhesive. Some papers come pre-glued and need only to be dampened and others call for paste.
Then I laid the wallpaper out onto the roller shade to mount it for the paste or glue.
After applying the glue I laid the wallpaper in place by sticking down each corner...
and squeegeed the entire roller shade area and then gluing down across the top and bottom openings; this helped to have fewer bubbles. First I suggest to squeegee the wallpaper side.....
Since there are two sides to a shade I also squeegeed the other side to get rid of air bubbles on that side too.

I hung them up and am amazed at the dramatic difference
I love how the Adeline Duck Egg pattern looks with my blue curtains.
Now my window shades look like I spent a lot of money on a home decorator.

Walls Republic sponsored this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my roller shades with wallpaper and inspired you to do your own designer window treatments.

PLEASE stop by my blog for more photos and instructions too! I'd love to see you there! You will see more pics of the process and get more product info too! Also, subscribe to my newsletter for updates on projects I share and much more! Subscribe Here!

Thank you so much!
Sue
Housekaboodle

• Walls Republic wallpaper  ((wallsrepublic.com))
Sue @ Housekaboodle

• Eco30774009

What about a wider window, would you have to piece it? They are stunning! Thanks for sharing😉

• Sha27953380

Great project! Does the added thickness interfere with the rolling action when the blinds are up and open? Must you mount the blinds with more clearance? Thank you.

• Sue @ Housekaboodle

Thank you. Only one blind is a little bit touchy, if that, with rolling up and down and No we did not mount with more clearance. Have the nicest Holidays.

• Carol Cole

Do they roll easily?

• Carol Cole

Thank you , You did a wonderful job they look beautiful.