Simple Spring Wreath on a Burlap Wrapped Embroidery Hoop

This month I wanted to work on a burlap wrapped embroidery wreath with colorful Spring blooms and greens. I would love to recreate this wreath again someday with FRESH blooms. Wouldn't that be amazing? I guess it wouldn't last long, though.
This wreath was SO easy and took me a little over an hour. You'll also notice it isn't 'neutral', but I've decided I want lots of color on my porch this Spring... the neutral colors can stay inside the home. :)

How to Make a Floral Embroidery Wreath:
You'll need:
  • 12" Embroidery Hoop
  • One bunch of Floral Flowers/Greens
  • Jute Ribbon (I had to go back and purchase another roll, so you'll want 2 rolls.)
  • Fishing Line
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Weights to glue to back side so it doesn't lean when you hang it (not pictured- used Pinewood Derby weights).
Wrap the jute ribbon around the embroidery hoop and secure with hot glue.
If your Spring flowers and green are all bunched together, cut them into individual pieces so that you can layer them on the wreath better. I had to cut mine into three individual pieces.
Hot glue the floral/green bunches on where you want them. Then secure them with fishing line.
And, that's it!! This wreath is SO easy and really brightens up my door! This wreath will work for the entire Spring! 

Here are a few detail shots of the Wreath:
What is nice, too if that this is a 'thin' wreath, so it fits perfectly in-between my front door and storm door! Happy Spring!!

Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

• Karen

Where did you get the flowers in your picture? Some years ago I found a few sprays at a yard sale. They were made of a paper -like material and they looked like those in the picture - they are more realistic and aren't like regular silk flowers