How do I get rid of weeds between patio stone slates?

+5
I keep pouring weed killer, pulling them out, or cutting them flat against the stone but nothing works, they keep coming back, with a vengeance. How do I get rid of them? I read somewhere salty water will work? How? Thanks for any help.
  • Janet Janet on Apr 23, 2017
    I use clear vinegar and it has really worked
    • Marina Marina on Apr 23, 2017
      Thanks. I have some in the cupboard. I will try it immediately.
  • William William on Apr 23, 2017
    A 50/50 salt and water mix will work. Saturate the weeds with the solution. The object is to get it down to the roots. Be careful. It will kill everything.
  • Pat Pat on Apr 23, 2017
    Pour boiling water on them and they'll die away.
  • Gc822378686 Gc822378686 on Apr 23, 2017
    Black tarp for a few weeks. They need light to grow. The lack of light and the heat from the tarp will destroy them. I did it to my vegetable garden it worked like a charm.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 23, 2017
    The mixture is white vinegar and water 50/50 with a dab of dish soap and a dab of salt.
  • Inetia Inetia on Apr 25, 2017
    Once you get rid of the weeds you can sweep the dirt or sand away from between the stones and go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a special sand and concrete mix made for stepping stones. Once in place you mist it with water and you'll soon have concrete between the stones.
  • Marina Marina on Apr 28, 2017
    Thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions in reply to my query. I will try a mix of options and see what works for me. Thanks again.