Fill A Sock With Coffee Grounds To Get Rid Of Fridge Odors!

No matter how hard we try, our fridge just collects odors. We tried baking soda, but it didn't make a huge difference. Finally I saw this trick and had to try it out! Here's how to fill a sock with coffee grounds and get rid of any fridge odors.
Start with used coffee grounds. I got mine from emptying a bunch of used k-cups.
Then grab a sock. This was the PERFECT use for my orphan sock who lost it's mate at the laundromat.
Super useful tip! Place the sock in a tall drinking glass and it creates a perfect base to hold the sock open to fill it up.
Start scooping in your coffee grounds.
And stick it in your fridge! You should smell a different within 24 hours. It may look strange, but who cares if it works! Hope you all found this helpful. :)

• coffee grounds  (grocery store)
  • sock  (old navy)

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving

• Donna Bilderback
    Donna Bilderback

Could you leave the sock in the glass?

• Rhia Reyes
    Rhia Reyes

How long until u have to change to coffee grounds?

• Ardale
    Ardale

great tip but how often do you have to change the grounds before they mold? I think I'll just put mine in a small open bowl so I don't have to worry about liquid oozing out and staining the white trim on my refrigerator shelves.

• Southlakealice
    Southlakealice

I will try this as soon as I collect enough coffee grounds. Refrigerator on our boat stinks really bad. Shore power went off and we had bait in it and didn't discover it for several days. It's way too expensive to replace (isn't anything on a boat!!?, but I digress) especially since it works, it just makes the plastic water bottles and anything else we place in it smell like old bait. A real problem. Have tried baking soda, not helping at all. I sure hope this works. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
  • Mary Jo WINNIE
    Mary Jo WINNIE

Positively!