Vertical Herb Garden for a Small Porch

My front porch isn't all that big but it gets great sun for potted plants. So I created a vertical herb garden that doubles as Spring decor this year. Click HERE for the entire background story!
vertical herb garden for a small porch
Vertical decor works best on my front porch, as space is limited. So, when I spotted this standing shower caddy (which was in really good shape) at a secondhand home store, I decided it would work wonderfully as a vertical herb garden!
vertical herb garden for a small porch
After successfully cleaning it ( Check out how I cleaned it HERE! ), I decided to spray paint it a dark bronze to set it off nicely against the pale colors of my front porch.
vertical herb garden for a small porch
There- that's perfect! It's really a pretty color up close- with a little shimmer and a great vintage look.
vertical herb garden for a small porch
But back to the herb garden! I successfully transplanted my seedlings (from Phase 1 of my herb garden series) into 5" pots which were a great fit in my shower-caddy-turned-vertical-herb-garden.
vertical herb garden for a small porch
And there you have it! A vertical herb garden that doubles as a vintage-y Spring vignette on my front porch. The caddy is ideal for this and actually, I'd love to find another one just like it. :) Happy Spring!
Sadie Seasongoods

• Margaret Green

Since the muffin papers should disintegrate, could you have just slit them up the sides and planted them in the jiffy pots instead of removing the paper?

• Alma
      31 minutes ago

Coffee filters work better than muffin cups!

• Diane mahan

love it! Maybe I could hang a shower caddy? I'll try &let you know :)

• Millie

Is this shower caddy marketed for the shower? Looks like it would be dangerous in the shower. Are they sold online?

• Jeanne Lane

I bought one very similar to this design at Wal-Mart last year.

• Linda Premo

Great repurpose idea. It totally looks like it was meant to be a plant stand. It would look cute hung on a wall or fence too. Thanks for posting.

• Maude LaFountain

WOW !!! How cute is that and just the right size too !!! Love it