Magnetic Spice Rack

6 materials
$10
I've always a spice rack that doesn't take up a lot of counter space and matches my kitchen decor. When the thought of pairing an old photo frame with a baking tray to create a magnetic spice rack, I jumped for joy! Not only is it stylish and functional, but it saves my counter space. Which we all want a little more of, don't we?! Give this one a try for yourself.
Step 1) Glue the outside edge of your baking sheet with heavy duty adhesive.
Step 2) Place the wood frame on top of the glued edge of the baking pan. p.p1

Step 3) Let the glue adhere fully between the frame and pan.
While the glue is setting, prepare your tins. I purchased these lovely little tins online from Specialty Bottle for less than $1 each. The tins are food safe and they measure 1.4" deep x 2.4" across.

Step 4) Attach magnetic strips to the backs of each tin.

Using scissors, cut out strips of adhesive backed magnets. They are so simple to cut into, and the adhesive on the magnets are extremely powerful.
A perfectly magnetic-backed tin, ready to be attached!
Step 5) Label your spice tins using a Sharpie Paint Pen/Marker.

These pens will not smudge, drip or come off with water. Be sure to write correctly the first time around as they dry almost immediately!
Step 6) Attach some hanging hardware to the back of the frame.

There are many ways you can do this, but I worked with what I had on-hand. Using two strands of coated wire, I stapled each end onto the back of the frame. Be sure to use heavy-duty staples and strong wire for this method. You can also use a standard photo frame wire kit or 3M Command Velcro Strips.
Step 7) Hang your spice rack base on the wall.
Step 8) Fill your tins with spices and attach to your new spice rack.
My finished spice rack hanging neatly in my kitchen. I couldn't be any happier with the final product.

Sorry for the glare! The sun was shining brightly today. Perfect for cooking with my new spices.

• Baking Tray - 13"L x 10"W x 2"H   (Michaels)
  • Wood Photo Frame   (On-Hand)
  • E600 Glue   (Home Depot)

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 23 questions

Comments

2 of 184 comments
Next