Ideas for repurposing Mahogany front door?

+6
We recently replaced our mahogany front door with an impact resistant front door. I am looking to try and do something fun with the door. We have removed the hardware and kickplate. Any ideas would be most welcome.
q ideas for repurposing mahogany front door
  • here are literally 100's of ways to repurpose a door. You really should look through Pinterest and Hometalk. I am fond of this idea:

• Ann Marie Ann Marie on Apr 26, 2017
    Assuming this photo is the old door ?? I would not have replaced that -- it's beautiful !! JMHO. Post a pic when you decide what to do with it.
    • See 1 previous
    • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Apr 27, 2017
      Living in Miami, we decided replace with an impact resistant fiberglass door. I'll post a picture of the new door when it's posted as it is 3/4 glass and very pretty. It also opens out as hurricane code requires and the old one opened in (grandfathered) butmrequird using shutters for hurricanes,
  • Becky Partain Becky Partain on Apr 27, 2017
    You could make it into a headboard, dining table, or a hall tree. There are sooo many wonderful ideas on Hometalk.com
    Please post it when you decide what you're going to do. 😊
    For curious ones, here p's a picture of the new door. It's not painted yet as we are replacing the floor and want to paint after all the work is done.
  • Ray11505738 Ray11505738 on Apr 28, 2017
    My brother in law took an old door & made it into a fun place to hang their coats/jackets sweaters and to hang their keys right inside their door to the house. He left the hardware on it as need accents