SisLeahM
SisLeahM
  • Dayton, OH
Asked on Apr 26, 2017

What is This Tree?

SisLeahMDhu DazeyHolly Bedford Horner
+4

This tree grows in my yard. Can you tell me what it is?
q what is this tree
q what is this tree
q what is this tree
  • Alice

It looks like a mulberry. Does it get dark purple, long berries? They're good to eat.
  • Sally-Charles Evans

It looks like a Poplar tree. Good shade and fast to grow.
  • Patricia Barnes

It looks like a Poplar tree. It would be helpful if we knew what part of the U. S. that you live to give a better answer. I could be wrong on the tree.

• Holly Bedford Horner

I suggest that you take a small branch to your local university extension agent or your city forester for identification. Often the trees that pop up everywhere are "trash trees", kind of like weeds. These trees tend to break with heavy snows or put out numerous suckers (baby trees). Occasionally, you will find a strong tree among the uninvited guests! Good luck!
  • Dhu Dazey

Mulberry. Very fast growing. Some have berries and some have a little seed like thing in the spring. Very easy to let get out of control! Been there!
  • SisLeahM

Mulberry. Yes. Thank you.
  • SisLeahM

ohio. Dark fruit in fall. It hangs over the fence from my neighbors yard. She said I can cut back her limbs if they are bothering me.