Asked on Apr 26, 2017

What can I use to get rid of fire ants that's organic or not harmful?

Janet PizaroDarlene PhillipsNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+6

Janet Pizaro

apply food grade diatomaceous earth
    • Glynda Jenkins
      Glynda Jenkins

Hi, we've tried diatomaceous earth on some mounds and it worked but not on some others! Maybe we need to disturb the mound and then sprinkle more on it! Thank you!
  • Kathy Lukehart Cadiou
    Kathy Lukehart Cadiou

we don't have FIRE ants here in the area of Ohio i live in. However, we do have TONS of sweet ants.... I've found that THEY don't like peppermint oil.
  • I do not have fire ants either, but I do have ants . . . I used vinegar. Hydrogen peroxide or alcohol will work too.
    Janet Pizaro

Remember putting those chemicals in the ground will harm all plants around.
  • Darlene Phillips
    Darlene Phillips

We have fire ants in Houston and they are horrible. I buy Orange Oil at a plant nursery and you dilute it to use it. Its biodegradable and smells good. If it will kill fire ants then it would probably work on a tyrannsaurus rex, those little ants are horrible.

Janet Pizaro

If it did not work you are not getting to the nest.Make a small hole and pour it in getting far enough down.