Asked on Apr 26, 2017

What's the best way to get rid of Creaping Charlie in your yard?

Brenda GoodsonDeborah CampionWilliam
+8

We got something that Home Depot suggested. It worked fairly well, but the Creaping Charlie came back the next year.

• Because what Home Depot suggested most likely needs to be reapplied several times throughout the spring and summer months. You need to kill the roots. Boiling water, epsom salt sprinkled with water and let the sun do its magic. Then dig out and dispose. Things fly about willy nilly in the air, it is a never ending process. Plus animals creeping about spread stuff too. If you keep after it when they are small, it will not turn into a big problem.
  • Ttr15607121

It is nearly impossible to pull creeping Charlie up be the root, but that it the most effective way to kill this creeping weed! Try to trim it to the source and be sure to dispose in a plastic bag to the trash immediately! Next pour about a cup of White Vinegar mixed with a tablespoon of dish liquid and a 1/4 cup of epsom salt. Pour mixture over this weed where it comes out of the ground. It may take 2-3 applications, but it should kill this weed.

You need to apply Weed b gone by Ortho.

I also suffered with Creeping Charlie! At one point, two thirds of my lawn was taken over. I tried everything under the sun. I finally tried Spectracide Weed and Feed. I mixed a much stronger solution than the instructions said. Used a handheld sprayer and really wet the "lawn" down with no rain scheduled for the next few days. Killed the Charlie and the lawn came back stronger than ever. I still get some Charlie coming back every so often, so I pull out what I can and spot spray it along with other weeds as general maintenance.
  • Deborah Campion

i used weed free zone, it does a better job than weeds be gone...but it will kill hostas, and lilies, so cc must be pulled by hand around those plants...2-3 apps over the year will help...esp when cc is flowering or in the fall.

• Brenda Goodson

What does it look like... Not sure what Creeping Charlie is....