Deb Foglia
Deb Foglia
  • Farmingdale, NJ

Floor To Ceiling Board and Batten

$60

In our Master Bedroom we were trying to achieve some vintage farmhouse style. I knew I wanted to create a bright space, so I decided to paint the walls white, but then I had an idea to add just a little something to the wall, to create an inviting feel with character.
Board and Batten from floor to ceiling seemed like the best option to add character to this space. Fist we started with a simple plywood 1x4
floor to ceiling board and batten
Here is the before of the room. It was a shade of blue, and needed a little something to create more of that farmhouse style I was going for. I decided to go with a floor to ceiling board and batten to not only create character to the new white wall, but to also create drama with height to the space. Having 8ft ceiling sometimes can make a room feel smaller, so I am always trying to create height in a space as well.
floor to ceiling board and batten
Start by removing existing molding and adding a 1x4 to the bottom of the wall. You can also add a molding to the top of the wall, but I chose not too, to not box off the space too much. Once again trying to create height to the space. Next, cut wood to height. Space each one out approximately 16" or to which you prefer.
floor to ceiling board and batten
Nail Each piece into wall. After be sure to caulk the seams where there are gaps and then finish with paint. It's a simple way to create that farmhouse character to a room without a complicated process or breaking the bank.
floor to ceiling board and batten
And this is the space with the new bedding. What a drastic difference from the blue walls, to the white floor to ceiling board and batten.
floor to ceiling board and batten
Want more Farmhouse Decor advice, style, and projects?? Come hang out with us at our Farmhouse FB page

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 18, 2018 10:30 PM - More info
Deb Foglia

• Barbara White Nicholas

A W E S O M E!!!!!!

• Diamondvalleygirl

Changing your furniture to white was a brilliant compliment to your whole project. I love that you kept the soft color of your bedding that looks similar to your old wall color. That is a beautiful and peaceful tone.
    Good job! Thank you for posting your success story. It probably makes it difficult to come out of that room each morning?!!