Asked on Apr 27, 2017

If you paint cloth furniture, do any stains blend in and disappear?

KayRecreated DesignsHillela G.

• Hillela G.

I've had success with removing stains with nail polish remover. Use a q-tip to make sure not to over-do it and remove the paint you wanted by mistake. Good luck!
  • Recreated Designs

It will blend in only if using a similar or darker coloured paint. It would also depend on what the stain is from... sometimes a liquid, like paint, can bring out a stain and make it worse. I would test it on an inconspicuous area first.
  • Kay

Use mineral turps, not gum turps! Put abit on a white rag, rub the paint till it start's coming away. (Don't rub to hard) Alternately soak the stain using a little turps, don't use to much, leave for a few minute's so the turps soaks in, then rub as above. If you don't have any turps on hand, try some metholated spirits, same method as above. I woud defenatly not use nail polish remover under any circumstances! I have used this and regretted it afterwords. The idear is to lift the palnt from the surface. Hope this info helps. Kay Adelaide Australia