Mary Jo
Mary Jo
  • Belvidere, IL
Asked on Apr 27, 2017

How do I get rid of lady bugs or Japanese beetles in our Home?

Mary JoJoyceJulie@Cut Off in the Keweenaw
+4

Every spring or fall, we have an invasion of these lady bugs or Japanese beetles getting into the house and sometimes swarming around outside. Is there a way to get rid of these bugs once and for all?

I worked for a nursing home as a maintenance tech. every spring the first floor was flooded with lady bugs. They love to congregate in the corners. Our pest guy from Smithereen said the only thing to do was to vacuum them up. So we used out shop vacs and vacuumed them up.
  • Natalia

https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/lady_bugs.htm Check this site. I agree with William and get out the shop vac!
    • Mary Jo

Thank you, they are established and we vacuum all the time! They stink up the vacum bag and we've been told to make sure to cover the end of the tube when done to prevent the live ones from crawling back out!!! Yuck. Guess we'll just have to live with them.
  • Had the same problem at our previous home in lower Michigan. Shop Vac, Shop Vac, Shop Vac!
  • Mary Jo

Thank you, they are a nightmare. Our vacuum bags are full. We have learned to cover open drink glasses and cans...... to keep from finding out that they dropped in unnoticed. We also were told to cover the end of the vacuum tube so they won't crawl back out if they are still alive.
  • Joyce

Japanese Beetles are not Lady Bugs. Check them out because if what you have ARE Lady Bugs, put them in jars or boxes with some grass and sell them. They are great for getting rid of garden pests!
  • Mary Jo

Thank you, I will check and see.